Driver door not locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i’m pretty sure its my door actuator that went out, but i just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this weird symptom along with it. Upon locking the door with the keyfob, all of the doors lock, but the drivers door. The alarm then makes a beep beep sound approximately 5 seconds AFTER* altering me a door is open. Usually i get that beep right away and none of the doors lock, but this time the three doors lock and driver remains unlocked, and then i get the beep beep. Also the mirrors do not fold in when locking, but i’m sure thats cause the car senses the driver door isn’t locked? Does anyone have any experience with a driver door not locking? I took the door apart and everything cable wise seems intact. The door is dead silent though when unlocking and locking.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the drive away locking not work as well?

I agree with equilibrium, probably need a new actuator if everything is silent.

If you have a GAP tool I bet it's throwing a code.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the drive away locking not work as well?

I agree with equilibrium, probably need a new actuator if everything is silent.

If you have a GAP tool I bet it's throwing a code.
Drive away door locking works, but not for drivers door. Also drivers door lock does not move manually at all. It’s stuck in the open position.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much guessed it. There was a thread on this that @cperez started. I searched before making this thread, but didn’t actually find his thread until after posting. I’m hoping he can confirm its the actuator in my case.

I tried looking for a thread I started on this topic but could only find one that I commented on, sorry. I had a driver’s door actuator replaced in my 2011 after somewhat similar symptoms. Fixed me right up.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried looking for a thread I started on this topic but could only find one that I commented on, sorry. I had a driver’s door actuator replaced in my 2011 after somewhat similar symptoms. Fixed me right up.
Appreciate the confirmation. I am awaiting parts .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut