Drivers Side Floorboard Wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebruce

Reaction score
I skimmed thru the tread so please excuse me if this is redundant. After you've fixed the source, the real work is removing all all the trim and seals to lift up the carpet and all the wiring, so that you can properly allow the truck to dry. I had same issue, (clogged drains) removed/lifted up the Dr side carpet, stuck small blocks of wood to keep it up and ran a large dehumidifier in the truck for about a week. Even after I used towels to remove the standing water, and dry as much as I could, I still pulled about 1/2- 1gl of water out with the dehumidifier over the period of a week.
yea agree. my indy also said driving it will help dry it out because the exhaust heats up the underside. ive used the desiccant bags as well.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option for drying would be to rent one of those jet heaters, park the LR4 in the garage with the windows down and let 'er rip. In Las Vegas area I've had problems where a leaky water container soaked the floor and the summer heat dried it out in a day with the doors open after soaking up what I could with a towel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72