Drivers Side Floorboard Wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebruce

Reaction score
Ok so I conquered the driver side drain. Far easier than I thought. They must have changed the driver side drain position in the LR4 vs the LR3...because it's not behind the wheel arch liner like the technical bulletin states. It's in fender intake vent, just like the passenger side. You use the exact same method as the passenger side drain....ugh. It's literally a 3 min job.

To get to that 3 min job took me days/weeks of research. LR has the single WORST documentation of any car manufacturer...

I took the trim thats under the steering wheel to try to trace where that hose went out, and confirm the ****** hadn't corroded. I had seen videos of people replacing theirs on an LR3, and looks pretty simple to find. I also thought I might be able to remove it from the inside and blow it out faster than taking the wheel arch liner off. However once I took it apart the hose was nowhere to be found. The LR4 has a bunch more wiring in there vs the LR3 so it's hidden behind 2 big wiring looms. I had to use my endoscope connected to my iPhone to finally find it. And when I found it it looked like it was exited right into that side vent. So I took it off and voila...there it was.

And the battery powered compressed air gun works perfectly for it. A couple shots of air and it was draining perfectly.

So much hassle would have been saved if this stuff was documented correctly.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of hassle, in the 8 years I've owned my LR4 I think I've had the sunroof open two or three times. I'd much rather it just didn't have it at all.
People refuse to put sky lights in their houses. Yet, we have sunroofs in cars.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't open the sunroof much, but I do crack it open for ventilation when sleeping in the car. When I cleaned mine, surprisingly they were still clear. I wonder if all the rain we get helps keep them flushed.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the sunroof as much if not more than my front side windows. I'll probably wear mine out and find the weak points. I asked the community about its weak points and all I've found so far is clogged drains which is not a Land Rover specific problem and cost of having a sunroof. The G-Wagon is no different. As an aside, I don't think sunroofs belong in a sports car because it gives up rigidity and handling.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I skimmed thru the tread so please excuse me if this is redundant. After you've fixed the source, the real work is removing all all the trim and seals to lift up the carpet and all the wiring, so that you can properly allow the truck to dry. I had same issue, (clogged drains) removed/lifted up the Dr side carpet, stuck small blocks of wood to keep it up and ran a large dehumidifier in the truck for about a week. Even after I used towels to remove the standing water, and dry as much as I could, I still pulled about 1/2- 1gl of water out with the dehumidifier over the period of a week.

gpag01

Reaction score
Ok so I conquered the driver side drain. Far easier than I thought. They must have changed the driver side drain position in the LR4 vs the LR3...because it's not behind the wheel arch liner like the technical bulletin states. It's in fender intake vent, just like the passenger side. You use the exact same method as the passenger side drain....ugh. It's literally a 3 min job.

To get to that 3 min job took me days/weeks of research. LR has the single WORST documentation of any car manufacturer...

I took the trim thats under the steering wheel to try to trace where that hose went out, and confirm the ****** hadn't corroded. I had seen videos of people replacing theirs on an LR3, and looks pretty simple to find. I also thought I might be able to remove it from the inside and blow it out faster than taking the wheel arch liner off. However once I took it apart the hose was nowhere to be found. The LR4 has a bunch more wiring in there vs the LR3 so it's hidden behind 2 big wiring looms. I had to use my endoscope connected to my iPhone to finally find it. And when I found it it looked like it was exited right into that side vent. So I took it off and voila...there it was.

And the battery powered compressed air gun works perfectly for it. A couple shots of air and it was draining perfectly.

So much hassle would have been saved if this stuff was documented correctly.

gpag01

Reaction score
Simple test pour water on track. If it comes.out the bottom not the problem. I use an air compresser. Have had that same intermittent leak with 3 different lr3 and lr4.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using the blocks of wood and a fan will dry the carpet out in a couple days.

thebruce

Reaction score
Simple test pour water on track. If it comes.out the bottom not the problem. I use an air compresser. Have had that same intermittent leak with 3 different lr3 and lr4.
where do you blow the compressed air from, the top or bottom? I couldn't ever get enough pressure from the top so always had to go from the bottom and blow out the top.

And where do you access the rear drains to blow them out ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72