DTC Fuel System cycle not completed "SMOG"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011LR4LUXAA

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to get the smog done on my LR4. The battery died from just sitting there and the DTC systems got reset. I drove the car for over 100 miles and followed some drive cycles recommended and all the cycles completed except the fuel system cycle.

I don't find much information on the web on how to get this cycle ready. I currently don't have any codes or faults. I took it to a shop to have a look at it and they just recommended to just drive it. I have done that but not seem to complete

Wondering if someone else have had this issue in the past and what was done to get the fuel system cycle ready.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thank you

7B896091-331C-4906-B0BA-091368A63065.png

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Did a smog shop tell you the "fuel system" was incomplete and they couldn't smog it or is this just your assumption?

I live in San Diego, CA and I have to smog all my vehicles. A smog shop recently told me that the system pre-checks 2 items to read "Complete", "OK", or "Ready" before it can be smogged, under I/M Readiness > Oxygen Sensor and Catalyst Sensor.

I had the similar issue where both sensors were "inc", "incomplete", or "not ready". What I ended up doing was try to drive it for at least 100 miles and then on the freeway above 55 mph and over 2500 rpms for over 10 minutes while having the code reader plugged in, but it didn't work. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, put it in (P) park, placed a 10 lbs dumbell on the accelerator balancing at 3000 rpms, and watched the code reader until the 2 items read "Complete" or "Ready".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM