Easter Eggs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can enable global windows close with IIDTool (in markets such as NA where that feature is disabled.)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes even my LR3 has this - it was designed for hooking up a trailer, allowing you to raise or lower the hitch to make it easier to connect/disconnect.
I remember trying that once when I first got the truck... and found the rules of operation convoluted. Nothing I would remember to use on the fly. Anyone use it regularly?

Slowpoke13

Reaction score
I tried to enable to global windows with the GAP tool. However, all I managed to do was activate the rear-windows 2" window open when the button is pressed from the driver's door. Somehow, I also disabled the full/auto-up on the driver's window and haven't been able to find the spot on the GAP app to undo it.

Help?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time you perform a "hard reset" (equivalent to temporarily disconnecting the battery) by writing a modified CCF to the car using IIDTool, you will need to reset the clock / date, your trip computers will zero out, you may need to switch back from Celsius to Fahrenheit and/or from km to miles, and your windows will lose their "One shot"roll up. To reset the windows' one-shot feature, you don't need the IIDTool. Roll the driver window up by holding the "up" button on the door until it is completely shut, then release the button and quickly pull it up again for a second or two, until you hear a faint "click". Release the button and repeat the same operation for each of the remaining 3 windows. The feature should be enabled again.

As far as I know, both rear windows always open about 2" by default when you briefly push the down button. That's a feature enabled at the factory. As I am sure you know by now, to get them to open all the way you need to push the down button for a second or two, until the window passes the first "stop" point and opens fully.

Last edited:

Slowpoke13

Reaction score
Every time you perform a "hard reset" (equivalent to temporarily disconnecting the battery) by writing a modified CCF to the car using IIDTool, you will need to reset the clock / date, your trip computers will zero out, you may need to switch back from Celsius to Fahrenheit and/or from km to miles, and your windows will lose their "One shot"roll up. To reset the windows' one-shot feature, you don't need the IIDTool. Roll the driver window up by holding the "up" button on the door until it is completely shut, then release the button and quickly pull it up again for a second or two, until you hear a faint "click". Release the button and repeat the same operation for each of the remaining 3 windows. The feature should be enabled again.

As far as I know, both rear windows always open about 2" by default when you briefly push the down button. That's a feature enabled at the factory. As I am sure you know by now, to get them to open all the way you need to push the down button for a second or two, until the window passes the first "stop" point and opens fully.

Worked like a champ, thanks.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to add this to this form as soon as I figured it out but if you have the key and lock the car via door handle the windows will actually roll up. This feature also comes from BMW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM