electrical crazy help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

secured

I pulled into the garage after visiting the car wash the other day when i shut the car of and pushed the brake the car was trying to start itself. The key was in my hand then the fault codes started going crazy, gearbox, airbag, what the heck all of them. I had to disconect the battery. After talking to some people they said that it could be water in the fuse box so i pulled every thing out, fuses, relays, and the box itself and dried it with air hose. I put it all back together and connected the battery as soon as it touched the terminal it trys to start can someone please help me.

D

discomike

Get it to a good shop without trying to fix it, you could land up burning a wire harness or worse.
Leave the battery unhooked for your own good.
Mike J.

J

JackUnion

I'm with Mike all the way on that one, get it to a shop "that knows them". I'm guessing that you have a 95 on Range Rover by your coment about Faults codes ie: gearbox (only on 95 on models). These models have had a few problems with fuse panels in the past. It could also be water into a harness somewhere, starter motor, starter relay, or ECU (you really didn't want to hear that one did you???) let's hope that it hasn't done any real damage eh!

A word of warning to everyone out there though on "Car Washes" esp those with high powered jets for the underside. Vehicles are basically designed to stop rain and roadside water getting in, they are not really designed to withstand someone going crazy and spraying high pressure hoses at them. Over the past few years that we have seen these types of car washes, I have had 2 Jaguars and 3 LR's towed out of or just after leaving one of those car washes (I only work on Jag's and LR's but I'm sure other vehicle makes have problems too, I don't think it's a Brit thing!!), 3 of them got away lightly, 2 of them were not so lucky big $$$. My advice is wash your vehicle by hand or in one of those where you use the wand, not only does it do a better job but you can control exactly the water goes and it also gives you the chance to notice stonechips etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo