Ranger Rover 2005. The key does not turn, a weird barcode on the dash, no lights inside, can't open the trunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

invisible

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I discovered that I can't turn the ignition key; when I open the door (it was unlocked) there is no light coming from inside; I can't open the trunk or roll down any window, and most importantly there is a very weird barcode type thing on the dash where it shows odometer/mileage/temp - see the photo below..

I tried:

- remove fuse 18 and put it back - no change
- disconnect the negative terminal from the battery, and put it back - no change. In past BTW, it could hear a spark from connecting the terminal, but not now.

I connected the battery maintainer (not the charger) to the battery, while it is disconnected. After leaving on 750 ma charging, after 16 hours (so like after 12 ah) it still shows that the battery is being charged.

So my questions:

1. What the hell it is?
2. Is it battery, alternator, fuse, steering column or whatever related?
3. What should I do?

Thanks.

IhXry2iA9N0g?width=1920&height=557&cropmode=center.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have your battery tested, then if you can get it to start, have the alternator tested. Normally with Rovers as most Euro Vehicles, batteries can cause some very odd issues.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA