Electrical Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtuckerwaite

Reaction score
Have a couple of issues with my 2011 lr4 HSE.

1st. The headlights dim when front and rear defrosters turned on. Took to dealer and they said they should do this? Does not make sense to me they cannot control amperage.

2nd. My phone connects via blue tooth and works on the touch pad to answer calls but sometimes the controls on steering wheel don't work. Dealer has done downloads but still intermittent. Of course it will never happen when at dealer. Problem goes away if you shut vehicle off and let it reboot.

3rd. Radio makes a thumping sound every now and again. Have to turn off and it goes away? Again dealer cannot replicate so thus it must not actually happen.

emurray

Reaction score
I have 2012... Same thing with my headlights... Thought I was seeing things.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if doing a 2nd battery install would fix the dim headlights issue.

kdegLR4

Reaction score
Funny timing on this thread. Last week I was dropping off a friend and we were chatting with one rear door ajar, the wipers running on intermittent and the headlights on. With each sweep of the wipers there was a subtle dimming of the interior lights and the headlights. Reminds me a lot of my 1978 Toyota Corolla...

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that they don't need multiple batteries on this rig. This thing draws amperage in about ten thousand ways. And to be fair, the wipers are military strength. I had an extended test drive of an LR4 during a snow storm. Had icy snow about 4 inches thick on it and just hit the wipers and it destroyed the ice right off of it.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never experienced the dimming issue and I even looked for it when I initially bought my truck. I even have an aftermarket stereo installed with a high wattage amp connected to the battery. That said, I have HIDs so maybe it's not as susceptible given the extra ballast.

jtuckerwaite

Reaction score
Dealer claimes that the lights dimming is to be expected since I have halogen lights. They are only supposed to dim for a second until whatever relay realizes the amperage drop and resets.

Anyone have the issue with the phone buttons on the steering wheel?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM