Engine code P0089 "fuel pressure regulator performance"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebruce

Reaction score
Hey guys - I had this code on my 2016 LR4 for months and drove me nuts. The dealer and my indy couldn't figure out if it was the sensor or the low pressure fuel pump in the tank. The dealer replaced the sensor when I got the fuel flange but that didn't solve it. My indy tried updating the software, which was also mentioned as a fix. It was in fact the fuel pump in the tank. I replaced it and fault was gone. I did some junk grit in the bottom of the tank. I suspect some people get this fault after the dealer changes their flange because if they aren't careful they can get a bunch of crud falling in the tank.

I have a write up on replacing the pump. Did it myself. It wasn't fun but with proper instructions you can save yourself $1-2k. Pump was only like $150.

Best option is to have the dealer replace the pump when you get the flange recall service done. It's only like an extra 20 mins of work to replace the pump once the tank is out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV