Entering Nav destinations by voice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2015 manual is too brief in this area. What do you say if you do not have a street or number, just the town?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave up on that feature after the first time trying it. It is pretty bad.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe you can use Voice Command to enter only a city. Sad. But I have tried multiple ways. (This was also a problem with the Acura I had before this.) So although you can enter only a City when doing it manually, but not using Voice. I probably use the Nav system for "city-only" more than anything else but I have to do it by hand.

The only thing close has been for me to make up a street name like "Main" or "1st" and then make up a Street Number like "1,2,3". Dumb.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't do it by voice. That lady wants to know the whole address, or no go.

One neat trick I use now (but only when I have the whole address, which won't help you I'm afraid) is to cut off that witch as soon as she starts talking by pushing the Voice button on the steering wheel, bypassing her tedious conversation and getting straight to the next prompt. This has cut the time it takes me to enter an address by voice by a good 2/3, as opposed to waiting for the next prompt after she is done talking, which takes forever as we all know. Try it out next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72