Entering Radio Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco

Reaction score
Having read some of the previous threads, I know this will be old hat to some of you but please read on. I have a 2004 Discovery 2 TDi that needed the battery to be disconnected in order to carry out some work on it. Upon reconnecting the battery the radio/Nav System asked me to "enter the code number". The code number that I have for the system is a 4 digit number but the code required appears to be 5 digits. I have checked with Land Rover and they say that my 4 digit number is correct but obviously it is not. I have had it suggested that the code could be the last five numbers of my chassis number; the only problem with that is the fact that one of the numbers is an 8 and my radio/Nav System only has buttons numbered 1 - 7. I do not have any other documents for the system so does anyone have any thoughts?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to post this in the Discovery section where it belongs.

saharatj98

Reaction score
should be a decal in your owners manual with a barcode above it and numbers below it. the last 5 will be your radio code. It should also be in the side jam of your glove box facia (inboard side)... failing this, you may need to remove the radio and give LR the serial number of the unit to get the code if the unit had been replaced at some point. It could be possible that your truck was upgraded with nav at some point and the owners never updated the records. All should be a 5 digit code though. I have a 96, 98 without nav and a 03 with nav and all are 5 digit codes. You can also ask the dealer for your build sheet, it will tell you what was originally in your truck. Keep us posted:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer