Error Code P1193

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

whalj2

I have just purchased a 1998 Discovery with 88k miles. The second day of ownership got a check engine light. Purchased an Actron OBDII scanner. Read a P1193 code. It was the only code read. I have ordered the Rover Factory Manual but can someone point me a direction to start testing. Don't know where to start but this is driving me nuts. I have found 4 O2 sensors appears to pre and post? Any help would be great. My wife is not happy with me and the new toy.

N

NHESS81

P1193 is Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Open Downstream, but I do not know exactly what might be causing that. They discussed it here http://landroverforums.com/m_2056/tm.htm but did not really come to a conclusion.

The only thing I can find is "Our trucks use heated O2 sensors... There is actually a little heater in them to get them up to heat faster so the engine runs in Closed loop sooner... Sounds like the little heater might have busted... It's almost like a wire in a light bulb surrounded by ceramic in some sensors... Should be fine to use it that way but eventually you'll need to get a new O2 sensor..."

So I would say, look into getting new O2 sensors, should not be too expensive or difficult. Yeah, just give it some time, your wife will fall in love with the Disco also!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Rear O2 sensor has no purpose other than to let you know if your Cats are having issues.

I would reset it and see if it comes back, if it does change it... if not you just paid for the OBDII scanner.

O2 sensors for the LR's are not the cheapest in the world unless you have the older Disco (94-95) then you only have 2 O2 sensors.

If you need to replace it, call Nathan at http://www.discountbritishparts.com/

To order, email: [email protected]

502-876-8377

W

whalj2

Thanks for the help. I hope to get the factory service manuals today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72