Every time my LR4 is inspected, the bill...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actual a very simple spreadsheet that helps me track my service history which is 90% DIY.

I was following your point. My comment was probably triggered by a similar conversation I was having with a fellow owner at an LR event in Baltimore this weekend. We were talking about annual maintenance budgets. She's a financial planner and thinks and works in numbers and budgets 24/7. She said that she's in an overrun situation and is already tapping funds that were earmarked for October. We both shrugged and laughed it off.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you live where it is humid? I flushed the brake fluid for the first time on my 2010 last week (105k miles) and the fluid was not bad at all. Very low humidity around here though which I think makes a huge difference. Same thing with the compressor dehy.

I always flushed my other cars every 2 years. That was (is?) BMW's recommendation. I believe it was 3 years for LR. I could probably wait another year based on how little I drove it in past two years. I live in the Boston area, so it's humid in the summer but dry in the winter.

chkirla

Reaction score
About 2010 i purchased a used 2005 LR3 with 53k miles for $17k. from a dirt lot car sales man in California. I am the second owner. As it orig came from Texas, I’ve always thought it was a ‘Katrina Car’ (as in hurricane Katrina).
I drive it every day. Race on the freeways. Regularly hit 100mph. It currently has 215000 miles on it. All I’ve ever done is regular oil changes at 6k miles and i once replaced the air suspension tank thing. And for some reason, which seems to occur if I’ve less than 1/2 tank gas, there is a warning chime and suspension drops. Idc. I pull over turn ignition on and off and it resets.
Other than that it’s been the best car ever.
For about 5 yrs I’ve been looking for a second vehicle IDENTICAL to mine. Silver/beige and no gps. Last month I found one in the shopping mall carpark. Not only is it identical but in showroom condition with 105k miles. I take ownership in Aug when his new car arrives.

NeilP

Reaction score
View attachment 9738
By-L5yPJEqP
Nothing to see here, just the bill from my annual car inspection.
That doesn't say anything about what's been done . I could run up a bill like that too , but there would be a fair few things fixed for that amount .
How about the rest of the invoice please ?

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey chkirla you might try running the recalibration routine to stop that suspension dropping if you have GAP or NANOCOM tool.

Mdurwin

Reaction score
This price was from and independent shop in Massachusetts that specializes In Land Rovers and Jags. The control arms were rubbing, a wheel bearing was shot and I had them flush and replace the fluids, do oil change.
2 weeks later and my engine light is on. Off to find and OBD scanner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA