Everything's broke!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover junkie

Reaction score
It shows no codes on an OBD II code reader. Ill try the sea foam. Im a Lucas Oil guy though so i might try their fuel system cleaner too. Thanks.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Landy do u think sea foam would turn my suspension warning light off? It only comes on sometimes wen I start the engine and some trips it Doesn come on at all Doesn drive different or anything wen the light is on I'm at 53k and mine is a 05' as well

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certainly it won't help with your suspension faults.. haha... and you can't simply dump in the sea foam, and have an instant, magic solution. Drive a tank through it... see what happens.

Suspension faults.... what else--- let's start a thread on that one--

Trynian

Reaction score
It shows no codes on an OBD II code reader. Ill try the sea foam. Im a Lucas Oil guy though so i might try their fuel system cleaner too. Thanks.

A standard OBD II code reader will not read all the faults, if any at all. If you do not have a new rover code reader ie faultmate or ids then you really should just take it to an indy shop at least to see what is showing up. Other than that you will be here all month trying one little thing or another and still end up taking it in.

I think the faultmate guys make a plain code reader for the landrovers that runs around $50, called the FCR. No programming ability, just reading and clearing faults. You might want to invest in one if you are going to try and figure out what the issue is.

Personally I bet it is the batt going out. That has been the re-occurring item that has caused so many faults all of a sudden.

Last edited:

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The battery thought crossed my mind, though his issues didn't come with all the other sorted issues associated with the battery, or did it. Also, common failures are height sensors, etc. etc.

I wondered about that... 50 bucks, point the way, sure worth having at that price.

Trynian

Reaction score
The battery thought crossed my mind, though his issues didn't come with all the other sorted issues associated with the battery, or did it. Also, common failures are height sensors, etc. etc.

I wondered about that... 50 bucks, point the way, sure worth having at that price.

Doh:argh: I guess I remembered wrong. It is about $300. But still if you are going to have the car for very long and try to diagnose things it is a worthwhile investment.

I have the more expensive fualtmate MSV2 and it has already paid for itself after one year.

Rover junkie

Reaction score
I knew the sea faom junk wouldnt clear the faults so i didnt even try it. The faults were coming instantly after i started it for several days but after i changed the brake switch i drove it for almost two days before they came back. They came back after mud bogging through the woods looking for mushrooms. I dont mind taking it to the dealer but they're an hour and a half away and i dont have the time. I'd have to take a day off work just to get it checked out.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should use the additive anyway, can't hurt, humor me...

Let us know what's going on

Yes, I thought they were a bit more expensive than 50... perhaps you'll sell me yours for 50. Needless to say, a code reader in the hands of a novice is sometimes worse than not having one at all.

Sometimes codes are a result of a problem, rather than in indicator of what the problem is. Most such users then report the error codes, rather than what the issue is then (sorry) don't mean to offend anyone, I'd love to have one, knowing what to do with it is another matter.

Take battery failure, weakness as an example.... dunno.

Rover junkie

Reaction score
Ok, I called the dealer here in Indy and their techs were VERY helpful surprisingly. I've had several LRs but I've always done my own work. I asked them and they said to take the console apart and check the different plugs for corrosion as spilt drinks cause this to happen frequently. I tore it apart but there was no corrosion. I cleaned it all out and greased all the plugs but that didn't work. I'm going to get a battery for kicks and if that doesn't fix it I will get a code reader.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis