Factory radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lemmy_k

Reaction score
I just bought a '96 Discovery. I read that I need to put in some more info about it before asking tech questions, but I don't know it yet. I do know that it has the 241 V8, and the factory radio /with cassette has a CD changer hooked up under the passenger seat. My question is, does anyone know if that stereo has any pre-amp outputs. I have an amp and two 12" subs just begging to be used.
Thanks in advance.

fire1427

Reaction score
NO it has no low level outputs ...
I'm not familiar with the D1's stereo set up the D2's have the "subwoofer "on the rear door ...
You can get a low level convertor that taps across the speaker outputs and gives you RCA outputs to use to the amp (like $10) if you have the subwoofer on the door you can tap it there in the rear area

fire1427

Reaction score
It's really not hard to install can also go behind the head unit then run the RCA's back as well as power/remote line

lemmy_k

Reaction score
So there ARE RCA outputs back there? That's what I was trying to find out. If that's the case, then it is just a matter of plugging it in.
My clock light and the lights fo the climate control are out. I wasn't going to bother with fixing those, but if I can get my amp hooked in, that makes 3 problems solved in one shot. :biggrin:

fire1427

Reaction score
NO you can install the low level converter back behind the head unit and run the rca's off that ... it's just easier to install off the subwoofer and use shorter rca's

lemmy_k

Reaction score
Oh. I guess I just read what I wanted to see! Thanks though. I assume a converter is something easy to find? Radio Shack?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635