Farting noise coming from passenger side dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amosier23

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this noise? It seems to happen when it's colder out and only for the first few minutes after start up. It's starting to annoy me and I was wondering if any one here had a fix for it. Thanks for you help.

mrdstr

Reaction score
Yep. Blamed the wife a few times. Would love to know what it is though.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a vent flap that needs to be lubed. Search 'fart' or vent noise and you will find many threads on it. Personally, I haven't become tired of it yet, always gives me a little grin :)

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a vent flap that needs to be lubed. Search 'fart' or vent noise and you will find many threads on it. Personally, I haven't become tired of it yet, always gives me a little grin :)

+1 and easily remedied with some silicone spray

amosier23

Reaction score
Good pics for fix

I found this on another forum site if anyone else has this problem. Google DISCO3 CO UK and search "Farting" under the D3 technical site and the first post has great pics to show you where the problem is.

I've got my glove box taken out now, just gotta spray the lever with silicone spray. Hope this does the trick!!!

I tried to paste the link but it blocks it out. Sorry.

Last edited:

angelboing

Reaction score
this happened to my 06 LR3, it was a "faulty air blender assembly" that was repaired under warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut