Faults - Brake module, emergency brake, brake pads, HDC offline, TSC offline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, yesterday my alert triangle and the yellow "BRAKE" (not the red "PARK" that comes on with the EPB) appeared on the dash of my 2013 LR4 at 82,000 miles.

The Gap IIDtool shows:

ABS-Brake Module
U0126-00 (AB) Lost communication with steering angle sensor module at 82073 miles

The dash is cycling between:
Emergency Brake Assist not available
Brake Pads worn
HDC Not Available System Fault
Stability Control Not Available
Please confirm height (was in off-road mode without us putting it there.)

Am taking it to my Indy mechanic in the morning but thought I'd consult the group first to collect some ideas. Seems like a cascade failure of some kind impacting multiple systems? I've never swapped the battery out so am wondering if this might be similar to what's going on in the other thread about batteries.

Ideas? Pointers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a comms bus error. We were just talking about something like this on another thread.

The general consensus was that there’s probably a bad ground on either you high speed or medium speed comms bus module. I’m a bit rusty on the specific locations of the modules, but I’ll look it up in the service manual and post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a comms bus error. We were just talking about something like this on another thread.

The general consensus was that there’s probably a bad ground on either you high speed or medium speed comms bus module. I’m a bit rusty on the specific locations of the modules, but I’ll look it up in the service manual and post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Replaced brake pads front and rear. The mechanic also found that the steering wheel angle sensor was out of calibration (not sure how that just "happens") and somehow polluting the comms bus, so they recalibrated that. They also tested the battery and found that it was not likely to be a contributor as it's still at 785A. Drove it home 40 miles and so far so good. The mysteries of LR electronics. I keep wondering if and when I may rue the decision to get rid of a new 4Runner for the adventure of an older LR4. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sceh

Reaction score
So it was the steering angle sensor? It is used for everything on the list, eve, HDC no doubt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA