Favorite IIDTool tricks and tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mflecklr3

Reaction score
I bought a Gap Diagnostics IIDTool not too long ago. I've mostly used it to read/clear faults and do some basic troubleshooting. Last night I took a stab at disabling the TPMS, but I had to guess at the procedure. Searching this forum, there doesn't seem to be a thread to capture the tribal wisdom on how to get the most from the purchase price of the tool. Starting one to see if folks add enough to it so the forum gods choose to make it sticky.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, the ability to calibrate the EAS, create saved height settings and put it in "Build Mode" are huge. There are also a lot of software updates and calibrations that it can do (like Steering Angle Sensor) that make it very valuable.

I'm sure your attempt at generating a list will be successful; people love the GAP Tool. I won't go on a long trip without it!

Bushcat69

Reaction score
I bought my Disco 4 second hand, it only came with one key and DRL was not activated, IIDTool to the rescue, Aliexpress key added and DRL activated:
From main menu: Service/Test > BCM-Body Control > Add a Key
From main menu: Car Config > Confirmed List... > BCM-Body Control > DRL Scandinavian Enabled (+ DRL Standard Active)

Gov na

Reaction score
A list of tips and tricks would be very awesome, I have done just some of the most basic functions with it but am afraid to start messing with some of the settings I don't fully understand, I sure don't want to break something I cant eat for breakfast.

mflecklr3

Reaction score
I've had a TPMS fault for years; likely caused by dead batteries in the wheel sensors. Here are the step I used to disable TPMS on my '06. From the home screen:
- Select "Car config" and click "Continue"
- Select "Confirmed List..."
- Select "Tyre Pressure"
- Select "Tire Pressure Monitoring System"
- Set the value to "Tire pressure monitoring system is not fitted"
- follow the prompts

grimmecm

Reaction score
To me, the ability to calibrate the EAS, create saved height settings and put it in "Build Mode" are huge. There are also a lot of software updates and calibrations that it can do (like Steering Angle Sensor) that make it very valuable.

I'm sure your attempt at generating a list will be successful; people love the GAP Tool. I won't go on a long trip without it!
Hit all the biggest ones right here. Wouldnt survive without it.

Bushcat69

Reaction score
Winter is coming....

I enabled the HVAC in readiness for winter (I have the fuel burning heater installed), looking forward to testing it:

From main menu: Car Config > Confirmed List... >HVAC Ventilation
- "Timed Climate" set to "Enabled"
- "Fuel Burning Heater" set to "Fitted Parking Heat"
- "FBH Call Start" set to "Fitted Radio" (Activates the setting on the main menu of the Touchscreen)
Inactive.jpgActivated.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut