Suspension faults - C112F and C1130... and height sensor issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten the occasional suspension fault warning light on my dash when I start up the rig. I turn it back off and then just press the button w/o my foot on the brake to have the vehicle go through its system check. Then I start the rig again and the suspension fault warning light is gone.

Anyone else?

I've found this seems to happen when I back up and my rear-end is over a curbing (parking sensors go nuts) or even when I am messing around in the rear-hatch area (unloading groceries and such). My hunch is there may be a sensor that interprets something under the rear section of the vehicle as meaning that the chassis is lowered when it's not. Truthfully, there is no change in the height of the vehicle (standard height) and I don't hear the compressor engaging or air escaping. I also don't notice any change in the ride or how the vehicle handles.

Maybe I'm starting to be like one of the town folk that is fatigued from the boy crying wolf. Truthfully, nothing has gone wrong with the LR4 since I bought it, but I hear all the stories. I have no reason to believe my LR4 isn't going to have similar issues. The only other thing I have noticed is that it seems that if I am in elevated off-road mode and I want to return to normal height that it is easier for me to have that happen if I am moving forward at low speed. Raising it, I will be on a level surface in neutral and it seems to go up just fine. I don't use the lowered mode at all. I figure we can all get in and out at standard height. My concern is that one day I am going to lower the vehicle and it won't raise to normal height and I will be out of business. Generally, to raise and lower seems more trouble than it's worth, unless I am in a true off-road situation.

Update: I just took the truck out for a brief spin around the block to make sure we were still cool. I pushed the ignition button w/o starting and let it go through its system check. Hit "OK" on the steering wheel to exit the system check screen and then started up. Released the parking brake and backed down the drive and literally drove it at low speed around the block in my residential neighborhood. Got back to my place and pulled into the driveway and up towards the garage. Engaged the parking brake, turned off the lights and radio, and shut her down. No problem.

So I'm walking in front of the rig up to my front porch and turn around to give it one last glance. As I do so, I hear what sounds like a brief soft electric "whirring" sound and the front end of the rig purposely lowers about 1/2" or so. I look at it again, and nothing seems out of whack between the level of the front and back wheels. My driveway is on a reasonably steep incline. I wonder if it is trying to self-level or something?

I noticed something like this once before when I backed into the driveway and was messing around near the rear hatch section. The vehicle was off and all of the sudden the rear end lowers in the same way I just described (since I backed in the rear was on the elevated portion of the drive). I had just bought the car and thought it must be some fancy feature, like the vehicle knew I was getting in and out of the rear compartment and wanted to give me a little help by lowering itself.

You know they say you should name your vehicle. I've been struggling to come up with a name. I think I'm going to call her "Christine". ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72