Finally!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nico

Reaction score
I've always wanted a Land Rover. It stems way back from when I graduated from high school and went on a trip to visit the Sahara desert in southern Morocco. There I was amazaed at the Land Rovers from the '70's kicking some serious ass on the sand dunes. I was able to get a good deal on a '95 Discovery last week. It seems to run great, except for the ticking sound apparently made by a faulty exhaust..something. I'll be taking it in to the dealer's next week. I love this ride! I look forward to meeting all you fellow enthusiasts.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dealer for an exhaust tick.... NOOOOOO..... check the exhaust manifolds for cracks, and the Catylitic converters (CATS) for rattles.

Nico

Reaction score
Joey,

Changed the exhaust gaskets with no improvement. Bit I did change the cats and the rattling is gone. Now I'm battling with high running temp. The gauge rises up pretty far when climbing hills. The fan does come on, but only for a few seconds. I'm replace the thermostat and work from there. I haven't had the time to replace the fluids yet since I bought it second hand. Could old oil with seafoam treatment be a cause of increased running temp?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think seafoam will cause over temp issues... Normal causes of overtemp

Waterpump getting old, Radiator partailly clogged, T-stat sticking, or fan clutch going bad, or worse head gasket issues.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99