First Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayhawk

Reaction score
Had the car for 2 months, less than 900 miles, and just had my first breakdown. Everything seemed to work on the car, but it wouldn't start. The tow truck came, and took the guy 4 hours to get the car on his flatbed. He tried everything he possibly could to get the car in neutral, and nothing worked. Finally, the dolly's (sp) came out. Looks like one of the computer systems doesn't work and has to be replaced. Hopefully just a few days with the loaner.

Anyone know how to unlock the gear shift and put the car in neutral? Would like to know for next time.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual says:
" Note: The selector lever cannot be moved out
of P unless the ignition is on"

I looked through the manual under transmision, vehicle recovery and status after a collision, and couldn't locate a way to move the lever when the LR4 is off. I don't see that there is a transmision lock override.

Rob

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to say that its too bad about your LR4 breaking down. :(

Rob

jayhawk

Reaction score
Dealer told me I had to pop off the front cup holders and get under the gear box that way to put the car in neutral. Good to know in case this happens again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635