Front Blower Motor won't run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecardoc

Reaction score
Blower motor wont run. I found a relay Denso # 068700-3300 up by the blower motor housing . It has a rubber cover over it ( must be prone water leakage ) If I manually close the contacts on this relay the motor runs as intended . All the speeds work fine so this proves the slide switch and resistor both are fine . I have no wiring diagram available so does anyone know where this relay ( which I assume is the blower relay ) gets it power and trigger signal from.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First thing I would do is check your fuses, if no power to the relay (at least not the kick power) then relay will not close when you attempt to use your fan.

thecardoc

Reaction score
Yes the FIRST thing I checked was fuses . I just assumed that was a given . The fuses are all good.

Sergey

Reaction score
I had same problem. My mechanic changed the whole motor. Unit it self cost next to nothing. Was one day fix.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry normally it is either a fuse or the relay, not much else is going to be an issue unless you lost a ground. If the A/C-Heat panel lights up and works, then normally (very rare cases) this is the issue.

deeb

Reaction score
is this a disco 1 were talking about here, because im having a similar problem with a 98.
sorry, not trying to hi jack the thread...

ive checked my fuses (under hood and under steering wheel)
where is this relay you guys speak of?
also, i found the resistor. (behind the passenger side kick panel, close to where the heater console is)
can that resistor be tested? can i use a test light to see if power is getting to that resistor?

im terrible with electrical issues!

thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
On a D1 the issue is normally the fan switch... try moving it around and see if the fan comes on.

thecardoc

Reaction score
Yes this is a Disco 1 I assume sense I posted in the Disco 1 section everyone would know what it was .
Never could find the problem so I just wired in a new relay for the fan power only and powered it to switched ign. so it would turn off with the key.

deeb

Reaction score
Yes this is a Disco 1 I assume sense I posted in the Disco 1 section everyone would know what it was .
Never could find the problem so I just wired in a new relay for the fan power only and powered it to switched ign. so it would turn off with the key.

wow, nice guy.
sorry.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just and FYI, the Discovery section is for D1's or D2's... Second... did you check the voltage at the fan itself? I just worked on a D2 the other day that was only getting 3 volts... found it to be a bad fuse block under the hood.... temp fix installed till the fuse block can be replaced.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM