Front Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tinted the front 2 windows? If you have, do you (or can you find out) what the name of the 'color' of the tint is that best matched the facotry tint. I have a very good tinting shop here in atlanta (they tint the Bentley, Ferrari's and Aston Martins) and I am pretty sure they can match it perfectly, but i wanted to see others. Pictures Anyone? By the way, my LR3 is Adriatic Blue.

new06

Reaction score
I had mine tinted a couple weeks ago..looks great and keeps it a lot cooler. I am not sure of the color, but with tint shops technology now it wont be hard for them to match.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new06, did you just have them match the tint of the rear windows?

I was thinking of having that done as well. Additionally considering a band across the top of the windshield.

new06

Reaction score
yes...I also had them do the band on the front...you can't tell a difference at all from the rear. total cost about $99 at the local tint shop

J

jazzy_james

how was the workmanship of the tint job? do you see the edge of the tint above the window? do you know if they had to take apart the door panel? just a little **** about people working on my car...

H

Houm_WA

...is there a legality issue here? How dark can you tint the windshield without the cops having a fit?

I'm already rolling sans front license plate (with the A-frame brush bar, it would just look stupid)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every state has their own specific safety laws. No applied tint allowed at all on front windows here in good ol' California. (Well, other than the "top strip" of the windshield.)

J

javert

I asked LR Manhattan to tint my two front windows to match the rest when I bought it. They do exactly.

When I went to their off road driving clinic in may, I got several compliments on how much better the LR3 looks with the tint than without.

I'm pretty sure that level of tint is not street legal, however, the dealer didn't bat an eye when I asked them to do it. In my last lease, a Lincoln Navigator, I did the same thing, I only got one equipment violation in the 3 year lease. Just remember to roll down BOTH front windows when you approach a police checkpoint.

new06

Reaction score
workmanship was great. make sure you go to a reputable shop. Your dealer could probably refer you. As for the laws, each state is different. I am in Washington state and the law here is 35%. That means 65% of light gets in.

L

LR3_WA

new06 - I'm from WA and looking to get my front windows tinted. Where did you have your's done ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4