Full Size Spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also never let a tire shop/dealer near your spare tire winch with an air gun. The old style winch was a bolt head the same size as the lugs. Techs are lazy and they use the gun to lower/raise spare. This strips the mechanism on the winch leaving customer screwed at the side of the road.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was incorrect. Both have the aluminum wheels. It is mounted upside down and was pretty filthy from road grime, so it looked like a steel wheel at first look.

Jomcool

Reaction score
B
Also never let a tire shop/dealer near your spare tire winch with an air gun. The old style winch was a bolt head the same size as the lugs. Techs are lazy and they use the gun to lower/raise spare. This strips the mechanism on the winch leaving customer screwed at the side of the road.

Bingo! I had a shop do this and attempt to blame the failure on "a worn out item." I encouraged them to ask the tech to show us how he performed the task. In short, he walked over with the air impact gun. Case closed! They covered it. The new style is a bit of a pain but eliminates the temptation.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my used LR4 it had a shiny new black donut underneath that still had the **** on it.
I also happened to have my old LR3 HSE in the driveway with a full size spare and matching rim.
Whoever is driving my old LR3 now has a brand new donut under it. :)

Wow! Would have never thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA