GAPIID Recommended Updates

Discussion in 'LR4' started by BreakingDown, Jul 22, 2019.

1. cperez

cperez Full Access Member

Hi Paul, I would definitely contact AtlanticBritish about that. From everything we hear the iLand is a solid device but just lacks a few key features of the GAP, and it also works among multiple vehicles within the same model line (sharing is caring). I haven't heard anyone saying that it was a total flop. Maybe you got a bad one?

2. SteveMFr

SteveMFr Member

Hi Guys,
    we are not sponsors here, so just some very general info on diagnostic tools (I am part of GAP):
    - diagnostic tool functionality can be broken down into 2 groups:

Basic functions
    1. Fault read and clear
    2. Live values
    3. Control I/O (manual control over components to switch components on/off for testing)
    3. Service functions (service intervall reset, EPB service, EAS calibration, etc)

and

Advanced Functions
    1. Key programming
    2. CCF programming (includes all sorts of parameters from comfort features such as follow-me-home to DRLs to programming what brand of EAS compressor is fitted)
    3. ECU flashing (OEM updates, tuning, etc)
    4. Special functions (such as EAS manual control, CCF/settings back-up, etc)

Nearly all aftermarket diagnostic systems such as the Hawkeye, etc are only able to perform functions within the first group - basic functions. The iLand/BP Lynx Pro (same tool) have a very limited number of the advanced functions and not all functions are available on all models.

And one item that seems to get lost in all the info people have to try to understand when making decisions on which diagnostic device to buy: the IIDTool is VIN-lock free for ALL Land Rover models we cover on basic functions. No model groups or professional versions needed. This brings the IIDTool BT very close to the completely unlocked versions of the iLand/Lynx at well under 1/2 the cost.

The one caveat is that the IIDTool does not cover the D1 and 2 nor the P38 RR.

2 things that GAP does almost exclusively in the realm of LR diagnostic systems is provide support (which is important even for professional technicians) and offer the ability to flash tuning files through our partner Bell Auto Services.

Yes, I am biased, but I HTH clear the fog just a little.

cperez likes this.
  3. cperez

cperez Full Access Member

Great information and direct from the source; thanks.

I was not aware that basic functions were VIN-lock free.

4. SNOOPY

SNOOPY New Member

Hey Steve,

Just where can I get the GAPIID from? Looked at Atlantic British, but didn't locate anything with that name. Need a lil help please...

Snoopy
    2013 LR4
    Maryland

5. scott schmerge

scott schmerge Full Access Member

Lucky8 sells them. I think you can also get them directly from Gap iid.

6. f1racer328

f1racer328 Active Member

I got my GAPIID for sale from Lucky during Black Friday. Am very pleased with it.

7. sailor96

sailor96 Member

I went directily to GAP Diagnostics- these are an essential tool to have

8. SteveMFr

SteveMFr Member

Hey Snoopy,
    AB has their own diagnostic tool, the iLand and I am assuming they did not want internal competition. We spoke to AB about their becoming a distributor for us a while ago - they weren't really interested. As far as the iLand/Lynx Evo goes... No comment. :p

Talk to Justin at Lucky8 or you can order direct from our webshop.

BTW, I am originally from MD too (Rockville).

And to everyone else, thanks for the kudos. We are a small company and we are by no means perfect but we try hard.

cperez likes this.
  9. avslash

avslash Full Access Member

@SteveMFr

Is a one touch leveling function that could be integrated in the future? I see one of the other aftermarket suspension controllers offers that, and it seems like it would be handy for setting up camp on uneven terrain without having to carry levelling blocks.

Just curious.

10. speedkills

speedkills Member

I know of two that have the integrated leveling function and a third that is planning to offer it in their next hardware version.