Gauging interest in Anitas EAS control unit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently contacted MUDTECH 4x4 in terms of getting my hands on 17 " RACER wheels , that would fit over our V8 brake calipers without any modification and spacers.As their company recently moved out of Italy , to Germany with production line of everything they sell for Discos , and they sell a lot of things, Their prices increased slightly .I also was interested in their Anitas EAS hight control unit , that looks way more superior to the LLAMS kit.Long story short , overall with a Euro conversion it would come up to a roughly $ 500 , but they said today, if i am able to gather at least 5 other customers ,price would drop similar to a LLAMS unit.
I am not big on organizing group buys , but if there is an serious interest ,we could come up with something solid.
You can all check their product at Mudtech 4x4 website. prices for a LR4 would be slightly higher , due to more connectors Anitas unit requires, but overall , it is overall , the bast product to change EAS hights on the fly , overcome speed limitation when on bumpstops and more...and YES , many of that could be done by IDTtool, but it takes time and it is certainly , not on the fly procedure.
If none is interested, I will buy this product regardless the outcome, but why would I not want to save a few bucks, if there is a way.
Cheers

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Differences between their Anitas and LLAMS unit:
This is a quote from manufacturer , that I received via Email.
"Going into details:
- Anitas offer 4 Heights step (+7.5 cm max), LLams 3 (+5cm max)
- Anitas offer 3 special mode, LLams 1 may be...
- Anitas have aluminium case, LLams plastic
- Anitas Have a aluminium controller with 2 swithches 4 leds, LLams a simple rotary switch with one led
- Anitas came pre-calibrated for each car, LLams need calibration
- Anitas cames in a plastic box with foam, LLams cames in a carton box

So, everybody can easy understand that we are talking about two totally different products, especially in therms of performace, design, and quality of the material used.
Nowdays the LLams cost 350 USD , but just 2 years ago the price were 600 EURO !!! And nothing have been changed! The reduction were only done to survive on the market after the introduction of ANITAS. We will keep our price, we think that a better product must have the correct price on the market.

We have sold hudreds of ANITAS worldwide, so much more than LLams, including:
All the Europe, Russia, Africa, South Africa, Australia, USA, South America, Indonesia... without any kind of problems!

For the above reasons we have planned in the last weeks to produce a different new version. We'll be able to offer the same functionality of the LLams with a price so much more competitive, not so far from Johnson Rods. At the moment no prevision for the time and the exact price, the target markets are USA, South Africa and Australia.

Regarding the promotion we know, we have to start it, and we really wish to exhibit in some expo... ideally at SEMA

Best regards

Marco "
Few pictures showing differences :LLAMS vs MUDTECH ANITAS

Attachments

• llams2.jpg
    llams2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 25
  • MUD CENTRALINA 2 ridotta.jpg
    MUD CENTRALINA 2 ridotta.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 28

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just need to gather at least FIVE interested fellow individuals to get lower price range. C'mon let's do this !

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a distributor . all I wanted to do is to organize a some sort of group buy in US, as the price would come down if we had more than five people committed to buy it , That 's all.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one sitting in my garage. Never been installed. Never had any luck dealing with Marco for various reasons. If you want to try one out, I am willing to part with it.

Not trying to derail your group buy effort, but it is available if you wanted to put your hands on one to test out. It is a really neat product concept. Particularly that it lowers itself a bit at highway speeds, which will save fuel.

Cheers guys..

todd

Last edited:

Ninjamedic12

Reaction score
I've got one sitting in my garage. Never been installed. Never had any luck dealing with Marco for various reasons. If you want to try one out, I am willing to part with it.

Not trying to derail your group buy effort, but it is available if you wanted to put your hands on one to test out. It is a really neat product concept. Particularly that it lowers itself a bit at highway speeds, which will save fuel.

Cheers guys..

todd

How much Todd?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are #2 on the list, I had an inquiry, let me give them a chance to respond. Drop me a PM if you want, I don't want to derail this thread either... my apologies..

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Differences between their Anitas and LLAMS unit:
This is a quote from manufacturer , that I received via Email.
"Going into details:
- Anitas offer 4 Heights step (+7.5 cm max), LLams 3 (+5cm max)
- Anitas offer 3 special mode, LLams 1 may be...
- Anitas have aluminium case, LLams plastic
- Anitas Have a aluminium controller with 2 swithches 4 leds, LLams a simple rotary switch with one led
- Anitas came pre-calibrated for each car, LLams need calibration
- Anitas cames in a plastic box with foam, LLams cames in a carton box

So, everybody can easy understand that we are talking about two totally different products, especially in therms of performace, design, and quality of the material used.
Nowdays the LLams cost 350 USD , but just 2 years ago the price were 600 EURO !!! And nothing have been changed! The reduction were only done to survive on the market after the introduction of ANITAS. We will keep our price, we think that a better product must have the correct price on the market.

Unfortunately, it does not surprise me that a competitor would completely botch the specs of the other system.

Of all those "differences", only a few really have much value (height choices) but the only one even about function is flat out incorrect!

I have the LLAMS and it's "max height" is NOT limited to +5cm. There are 3 standard settings plus the 2 direction "special mode" .

On my set-up the standards selected by a twist knob/switch are: -20mm, +30mm, +50mm.

Then the "special mode" is engaged by pressing a red button to maximize that up or down direction to the full extent available in the vehicle system. Guess what... in UP it adds about 25mm more.....for a full 7.5cm or the same height. Mine may have given just a bit more but the ground slant and tire rolling can affect that a little too. In the down direction, it totally drops the LR onto the bump stops which can be useful for a home garage entry or ease of roof rack loading or shipping container access with roof tent installed.

As for customer service, the LLAMS guy was always very responsive and helpful. An obvious enthusiast and didn't ever talk crap about other products or solutions....

About all those extra LED lamps on Anitas claim, exactly what are the providing beyond what is needed? While it may look cool to have more lights glaring at you during night driving.....or not....the LLAMS single LED provides FOUR conditions: green/low, off/neutral (no +/- height change), orange/+20mm, red/+50mm. If I were to somehow forget the current height setting. at an instantaneous glance, I can tell the height selected without trying to discern multiple leds on or off.

It's great there is another product though because usually it means competition for new ideas and improvements but also for sharing of information and overall progress in the product field.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72