getting new tires put on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike g

Reaction score
getting tires put on at local shop any thing i need know on how to raise lr3 to put the tires on example where should shop put the jack before raising? thank you

Slwroller

Reaction score
um

If you have to tell them where to mount the jacks to put tires on....do you think it's a good idea to have them do the work?

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
under the car would be nice:

Attachments

• 131_0601_whps_03_z_+2005_land_rover_lr3+_practice_course_rollover.jpg
    131_0601_whps_03_z_+2005_land_rover_lr3+_practice_course_rollover.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 142

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Leave all of your suspension settings in 'normal' mode

2) When you come down off the lift, you will automatically be in "extended" mode. Just use the EAS toggle switch in the center console to return to "normal" mode.

3) If all else fails, just drive until you exceed 15 MPH (or whatever the max is for offroad height) and it will automatically return to normal height.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
What's the story behind that photo? Doesn't look like it could have rolled to that position from the test course. :confused:

Yeah, I'm curious on that photo too including location- not sure how it flipped off the track like that. The store looks like Land Rover Akron, the first LR store in Ohio to open but also the first store to close in 2009... I remember passing that place when I lived up there...

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the story behind that photo? Doesn't look like it could have rolled to that position from the test course. :confused:

You can if you turn up on the side slope... driver felt she was too low on the course and over corrected :rolleyes:

Goinsurfin you are indeed correct LR Akron... and I for one am very sad to see them go. I had absolute trust in the top notch service from them, and they were the only dealer in the area to host off road dealer events....I will miss them :frown:
John

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the photo was from the internet. petersons 4wheel drive was the site, it in the corner of the picture.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use of the proper lift points can be important when raising your vehicle :rolleyes:

25710_7bunbpmznt_l.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo