goodies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to the track that is attached to the roof, no those stay on and all accessories tie to that.....

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that is what I was talking about. The LR4s don't come standard with those like the LR3 did.

Thanks for the reply.

Rob

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up the rack and the snorkel last night.

I'm pretty disappointed with the rack. It's in pretty rough shape. It has scratches *all* over the place. The little flimsy plastic pieces all over the rack are loose and/or broken. It really stands out against my clean black Rover. It's also LOUD. 45-55mph is the worst, because it starts vibrating at that speed. It's not fun. Is this normal? It is missing the faring (as previously discussed). For the price, I was willing to buy it and hopefully get it fixed up. I am thinking I could take it to a body shop and at least have them repaint it.

Mr.Big: What did you do to mod the rack? Is there a link with instructions? I think it looks sharp. I might have to do it anyway to get the LR3 in the garage.

The snorkel is in great condition, but it's missing a couple of screws.

Vibration - not normal.

I had to refinish mine as well. It's really easy. Go to home depot and buy some professional Rustoleum enamel paint in Satin or semi-gloss back. Buy some 220 grit sand paper and give the entire rack a good sanding. Then take a wet rag to wipe all the dust off. Apply 2-3 coats and let it dry for 24 hours before mounting.

To create the low profile rack - Examine the rack closely. You'll note that the whole thing is held together with allen bolts. Simply unbolt all the uprights and the entire upper section. it comes off easy peasy. Just take you time and keep all the bolts. Lastly, before sanding, take off the front hoop. There are 4 allen bolts on each side. Remove the rubber insert and you are good to go. Last note - the front fairing is held on with screws and rivets. Get a good punch and carefully knock out the rivets. You will have holes left over, but they could be useful later for mounting lights and running wire.

Good luck. PM me if you need anymore help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins