Got some wheel/tire questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think after deliberation I'm just going to stick with my 19 and put an AT on them. The wheel just looks better overall with an all terrain on it. But if I had to stick with all seasons, I'd get the 20 in a second.

Look at the new Toyos

Brad K

Reaction score
I have the 2011 LR4 with the 20's/5 spoke and I went through same (painful) thing trying to find the semi-aggressive tires that won't rub.

So... Here is what I did: Falken Wildpeak All Terrain trail tire 255/50/r20: https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeak/t-trail-tire

These Falkens ride smooth and quiet on dry pavement and have the snow rating so no chains needed usually in our ocassional California snow. I am in So. Cal, so I only need snow tires about 12 days per year when we go snowboarding/skiing.

Alternative...

I came very close on pulling the trigger and buying a set of 19" like you have and roughing the look up by going super aggressive off road-ish with tires, then switching for winter, but we just don't get enough off-road in this family to justify switching back and forth, so the Falkens on the 20s are a good blend for me.

Good luck! Let's see if we can ride these LR4s to 200k.

Attachments

• 2011 LR4 hse 255.50.r20 falken wildpeak.pdf
    676.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV