Got the iPod/iPhone Wire!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I finally got the pigtail iPod/iPhone connector for my LR4. I admit, I don't really listen to much music on my iPhone, but I wanted it more for the charging capability. It seems to work awesome! I plugged it in this morning and it gave me an error message that it may not be optimized for this connection, but it seemed to charge the iPhone (version 4) and play my music with no problem at all.

I bought it through Land Rover of Sacramento, as they had it online very cheap ($75.00) and plenty of supply.

In case anyone wants to buy one, here is the link:

http://saclandrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=6549&category=234

Let me know if you have any questions.

-David

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shame on LR

Hello everyone,

I finally got the pigtail iPod/iPhone connector for my LR4. I admit, I don't really listen to much music on my iPhone, but I wanted it more for the charging capability. It seems to work awesome! I plugged it in this morning and it gave me an error message that it may not be optimized for this connection, but it seemed to charge the iPhone (version 4) and play my music with no problem at all.

I bought it through Land Rover of Sacramento, as they had it online very cheap ($75.00) and plenty of supply.

In case anyone wants to buy one, here is the link:

http://saclandrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=6549&category=234

Let me know if you have any questions.

-David

Glad that you like the ipod cable. I do too!!

:mad::mad:
It is amazing however that we think $75 for the iPod cable is a steal! Shame on your Land Rover for having us pay this much for a stupic cable!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that you like the ipod cable. I do too!!

It is amazing however that we think $75 for the iPod cable is a steal! Shame on your Land Rover for having us pay this much for a stupic cable!
I could not agree more! ;-) I can see $30, but over $100 regular price. Really?

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it doesn't come with it!!! THAT is the offense.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it doesn't come with it!!! THAT is the offense.
Hello LRNewbie11,

I agree, it really should come with it or just be built into the unit. My 2009 ML350 had a pigtail connection in the glove compartment that was part of the car. I asked my dealer and he told me that they are on backorder and he has not been able to find any of them for months.

Are you going to purchase one for your new LR4? It's a bit pricey, $75.00, especially since I barely play music from my iPhone. However, to me, it's worth being able to charge it in the console and not having a stupid charger plugged into the socket.

That reminds me, did you keep your cigarette lighter cap on there? I actually removed it and have a USB thing in which I could charge stuff like my iPhone or iPad, it's small and has a tiny green LED... Looks like it came with the truck!

I have heard of people having other stuff plugged in like flashlights, etc.

I wonder what other folks do?

-David.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did purchase the iPod cable AND the all weather rubber floor mats. I tried (in vain) to get the dealer to throw one or both in and he began to tell me about not making any money... oh I can't even finish the sentence. You know how it ends. Anyways, I checked with the dealership I bought the truck from if they had them in stock and they did not. So I just called the other dealership in my area and they had both items in stock. As for the other question yes I still have the lighter cap on there. But I have my phone charger in the glove box and I also have an A/C adapter.

I did look online and found the iPod cable and floor mats cheaper but I did not want to wait for them.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did purchase the iPod cable AND the all weather rubber floor mats. I tried (in vain) to get the dealer to throw one or both in and he began to tell me about not making any money... oh I can't even finish the sentence. You know how it ends. Anyways, I checked with the dealership I bought the truck from if they had them in stock and they did not. So I just called the other dealership in my area and they had both items in stock. As for the other question yes I still have the lighter cap on there. But I have my phone charger in the glove box and I also have an A/C adapter.

I did look online and found the iPod cable and floor mats cheaper but I did not want to wait for them.
That's great you got them both. I also tried to get them to include the mats, but they were not having it since I already got a deal PLUS they gave me WAY MORE money than I thought for my 2009 ML 350. So, I let it go. I don't drive my car a lot, so it's basically almost brand new. I do have after market carpeted mats over my OEM mats, but I ordered the black all-weather Land Rover OEM mats and should get them in the next few days. They are currently in transit. I got my car in February 2011 and have just barely 1,000 miles on it and I bought it with 110 miles on it.

I can't wait to get my mats!

Did you get your bulbs yet? I am changing out the side lights to the LEDs tomorrow or Saturday - can't wait... I am DEFINITELY going to take some pics for the forum.

-David.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bulbs ordered but not delivered yet. I'm guessing they will come either tomorrow or Saturday. I am nervous about installing them. Hopefully with help from this forum I will be successful. I am replacing the Lows, Highs, and Fogs.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bulbs ordered but not delivered yet. I'm guessing they will come either tomorrow or Saturday. I am nervous about installing them. Hopefully with help from this forum I will be successful. I am replacing the Lows, Highs, and Fogs.
Awesome! Just let us know if you need help. I was really nervous, but it was easy! Just send me a DM if you need additional help - I'll be around all weekend.

-David.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635