Green/Orange/Factory LCA Bushings from Atlantic British?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i have a 2011 LR4 with 76k miles on it. I am going to work on both sides of the lower control arm pretty soon. Upon research on this forum and Atlantic British, the idea is i either buy the bushings and press the old ones out and replace with the Orange ones that Atlantic British market as "Standard Firmness" or i go with entirely new control arms and just replace the entire unit with the factory genuine ones. Another option i see is new control arms with "Green" bushings that Atlantic British markets as "upgraded semi firm". With all that being said, should i just change the bushings with the orange ones, change the entire arms with factory ones, or change the entire arms with the upgraded green bushings? Please let me know if anyone has experience with the Orange/Green bushings from Atlantic British in regards to ride quality. I'll include the links below to the bushings and arms in question on the Atlantic British website. Thanks a lot people!

Arm assembly with upgraded green semi firm bushing:
https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/LR073367PBK

Orange bushing for bushing replacement only
https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/RBX500311POLYO

or genuine arm with regular factory bushing
https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/LR073367K

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO. I wouldn't go with poly bushings.
I was in your shoes about six months ago and decided to go with the orange stuff all the way around (including the sway bars). I went that route because I wanted something more durable, easy to install, and easy to replace when they go bad again. These poly bushings don't require a hydraulic press to install and remove. Those are the pros.
Now for the cons. They are more durable because they are a firmer material. That translates to a firmer ride. Road feedback and possitive handling is something you would want in a sportier on pavement application, but it fundamentally alters the "feel" of the LR. The other major con is the noise. Since they aren't pressed in, these bushings rotate within the assembly and make lots of squeaky sounds. I did pack lots of grease from Energy Suspension during assembly but that only lasted a few months.
So I will be ordering OEM bushings shortly and replacing the polys. I just miss that slight cushy vagueness for a DD. Just my opinion.
The easiest thing for DIYer would be to replace the whole arm with bushings and ball joints already installed, but that gets expansive. I need an excuse to buy a shop press anyways so I'll just order the bushings.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat too about a year and a half ago and i wasn't too sure of the poly bushings form british atlantic, so i bought the best after market bushings i could find and had them pressed in at a friends shop. The set of big and small bushings costed me a little less than $200 (CAD). My driver side big bolt on the LCA was completely rusted in and i had to cut it off. If you plan on doing the job yourself make sure you're able to loosen all the bolts first before you start taking things apart. I've done about 30,000 km since i changed them and still no noise. Also i noticed my outer end right side tie rod was bad too so i replaced that as well.

RoverGhost

Reaction score
I have used the poly bushes in both my LR# and my RRS I put alot of miles both on and off-road. So the firmer ride is nicer overall and not having to do them every 60 to 70k is better. Once and done. I have not had squeaking issues that I can recall. I put over 100k on my LR3 set and they were still very good shape. I have them now on my 13 RRS and no squeaking there either. I think the cons are tiny compared to looking at the arm bushings as a consumable item. Poly Bush in the UK does several different colors for hardness and ride. Red the hardest, Orange is stock, and blue is softer if memory serves. Maybe look it up and see. Cheers

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think ill just buy the stock arm assembly with the original bushings. I'm not going to take the risk of altering the ride in a distasteful way as i love how it feels currently. Anymore stiffness and i don't think ill be much of a fan. I guess ill just have to change them again at 140k miles or so.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Landie indy, who has since closed his shop:( told me that if you put a stiffer bushing then the factory chose that it could cause more wear on other parts in the suspension that might not have been built/chosen to handle. I thought that made sense and also wanted to keep the ride quality so I went with the factory arms.

Taemian

Reaction score
I chose to use the orange poly bushings that are same as stock. If you can feel a difference between those and the stock rubber, you're the same kind of person who can "definitely feel" a 4 hp increase when you put in a CAI kit with a K&N air filter.

Either that or you need to confirm your air suspension is working properly.

40K miles on them so far, 80% on road vs 20% off road.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose to use the orange poly bushings that are same as stock. If you can feel a difference between those and the stock rubber, you're the same kind of person who can "definitely feel" a 4 hp increase when you put in a CAI kit with a K&N air filter.

Either that or you need to confirm your air suspension is working properly.

40K miles on them so far, 80% on road vs 20% off road.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: maybe ill go with the polybush then.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72