Has anyone here supercharged or turbocharged their LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoLR

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but the jag 5L supercharged is mostly the same parts. Tuning would be my concern. The ECU could work in the LR4 though. You can more readily find those wrecked, and swap. A N/A motor runs about 10k, rebuilt. A wrecked jag, goes for about 11k. My previous 2 vehicles were XJLs and I have to say, I miss the extra power. But then again, more parts equal more room for failure. So many great points on this thread. Realistically, a secondary vehicle is the route to go. I've also test driven the G, and hands down the worst money spent, in comparison to other vehicles in the genre. For the money spent on a G, I'd rather search for a LWB RR with 3rd row. Great power, top notch ride, and more storage capacity than anything in it's class. I went back to the LR, because it's a great all terrain, with a better ride than most vehicles in comparison. As well as the creature comforts that come with.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the real, ultimate answer to this question.

You'd be much better advised looking for a SCV8 L405 than you would be supercharging an LR4. Depending on what you'd find, it would probably be much less money spent in the long run.

I love G-Wagons, but generally hate the AMG variants. Putting that much power into a vehicle like that--along with the low profile tires and body cladding--is like putting high heels on a hippo.

PoppyAnn

Reaction score
If so, what were the gains?
Got pics?
Why’d you do it and was it worth it?
How much did it cost?

I was under the impression that all LandRover discovery 4 / LR4 are built with twin turbos fitted? I know mine is, all of the ones in uk have the same 3.5 engine giving 250 hp.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that all LandRover discovery 4 / LR4 are built with twin turbos fitted? I know mine is, all of the ones in uk have the same 3.5 engine giving 250 hp.

In the US, all LR4 are powered by a 5.0L naturally aspirated V8.

Edit: Until 2014, when it went to a 3L supercharged V6.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72