Has anyone reflashed their 3.0SC V6 aka Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how deep do you want to go? View attachment 13215

thats the compressor map for the supercharger. Rpm x pulley ratio gives you charger speed. There is obvious diminishing returns from a cooling system that pumps a higher flow rate through the same sized cooling surface area (the front mount intercooler) because of the time component thermal loss over a given surface. With two pulleys I am at the edge of the map at redline rpm where the charger is least efficient. Heat soak does become an issue. For my purposes I chose not to get into pv=nrt and all that and trust the guys at VelocityAP and superchargersonline (engineers or para) and a few cobalt ss and jag forums (anecdotally) and their combined understanding that a higher flow pump would be better, to a point. That combined with the fact that the VAST majority of my needs is torque from 2000-3600 rpm. Which is pretty much below the “totally inefficient charger” zone. And also it’s a cheap part to swap. So why not? I have not dynoed it because I don’t care enough andseat of the pants and VelocityAP dyno testing is enough for me.

This is really just a tangent, but if you're posting compressor maps I'm guessing you might know the answer: Do you know if the ECU is maintaining absolute or relative pressure increase over ambient? I'm living at 5000 and regularly climbing to 11,000+, and I'm curious what kind of hit in power I'm taking... or if I'm just moving to the right on the map and increasing charge temp ?

Thanks for any insight!

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is really just a tangent, but if you're posting compressor maps I'm guessing you might know the answer: Do you know if the ECU is maintaining absolute or relative pressure increase over ambient? I'm living at 5000 and regularly climbing to 11,000+, and I'm curious what kind of hit in power I'm taking... or if I'm just moving to the right on the map and increasing charge temp ?

Thanks for any insight!
It’s my understanding that SC is relative boost psi. Because you are tied to the RPM of the engine mechanically. So same RPM in compressor at same rpm engine no matter the altitude. Just less dense air higher up. If you live at altitude you would want a different ratio pulley to maintain the same boost you would see at sea level. Assuming you were not going outside the operating parameters of the compressor.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That SC tops out at 2.5x inlet pressure, from what I can tell. At sea level, that means it's capable of producing 36PSI. Does this thing have a wastegate?

At 11,000', that would drop to 2.5x9.7, so still 24PSI max. But you'd have to rev higher to see the same boost, obviously. Or change pulleys as @Fuji4 suggested.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That SC tops out at 2.5x inlet pressure, from what I can tell. At sea level, that means it's capable of producing 36PSI. Does this thing have a wastegate?

At 11,000', that would drop to 2.5x9.7, so still 24PSI max. But you'd have to rev higher to see the same boost, obviously. Or change pulleys as @Fuji4 suggested.

I expect it has an electronically controlled wastegate. I'd be amazed if the block is seeing 36 PSI. Hell, an N54 runs on 8 (over ambient, so 22.7 total).

But that also means it may not be an issue of needing to spin more RPMs to make the expected (or desired) boost.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you're saying LR downgraded the pump between '15 and '16?

I'm going to check mine when I get home to see what I have. The new P/N shows fitment for 2.0L, 3.0L, 5.0L(SV Autobiography Dynamic) gas and diesel models, so I can't say whether its a downgrade or not. Also, I'm not sure that size is indicative of flow rate; maybe @Fuji4 has more insight on that part. I would guess that it would just depend on impeller size

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to check mine when I get home to see what I have. The new P/N shows fitment for 2.0L, 3.0L, 5.0L(SV Autobiography Dynamic) gas and diesel models, so I can't say whether its a downgrade or not. Also, I'm not sure that size is indicative of flow rate; maybe @Fuji4 has more insight on that part. I would guess that it would just depend on impeller size
The 002 is what came out. The 010 is the upgrade. At least for me. FBC69AD5-07F1-44B5-B615-9C889DE8BB08.jpeg you can see here it flows more.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After doing some more digging, i've found that the aux pump pre-MY15 is different than the '16 MY. P/N for '16 is LR095160 and looks like View attachment 13216, but prior years P/N is PEB500010 and looks like View attachment 13217 (which is the Bosch upgrade that @Fuji4 alluded to)

I'll have to do a visual inspection to verify that my '16 has the stumpy pump

I can confidently say that my '16 has the stumpy pump. I can't get a good look or feel to it, but looking from the passenger side between the fan and accessory drive, it does look short. From above I can see that it only has 3 screw points joining the hat and body; the slimmer bosch style has 6.

Not sure what the flow rating for the stumpy style is; it's a Magna brand and I can't find any specs.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confidently say that my '16 has the stumpy pump. I can't get a good look or feel to it, but looking from the passenger side between the fan and accessory drive, it does look short. From above I can see that it only has 3 screw points joining the hat and body; the slimmer bosch style has 6.

Not sure what the flow rating for the stumpy style is; it's a Magna brand and I can't find any specs.
The big dog Cwa 100 looks similar to that. https://tecomotive.com/download/datasheets/CWA100_EN.pdf Hard to know without a spec sheet on that magma part.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a little more investigating and have come to the point where I don't think the pump upgrade will work for the '16 stumpy pump. The previous years pump had a 2 prong electrical connector, where the '16 has a 3 prong connector
upload_2021-6-3_14-56-56.png
. At least at this point I'm not jumping at re-doing electrical connectors and risking fault codes. Maybe I'll find a aftermarket 3-prong pump that will make the transition more simple. Maybe LR addressed the flow issues with the new stumpy pump that required an update to the previous version...
I have noticed a difference in the Bosch 0-392-02-010 connector
upload_2021-6-3_14-59-53.png
and the LR branded PEB500010
upload_2021-6-3_15-2-58.png
which is the LR version of the Bosch. @Fuji4 - was your new pump oval and old pump square-ish? If so LR may have fixed the compatibility issues with the previous style pump upgrade.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a little more investigating and have come to the point where I don't think the pump upgrade will work for the '16 stumpy pump. The previous years pump had a 2 prong electrical connector, where the '16 has a 3 prong connector View attachment 13225. At least at this point I'm not jumping at re-doing electrical connectors and risking fault codes. Maybe I'll find a aftermarket 3-prong pump that will make the transition more simple. Maybe LR addressed the flow issues with the new stumpy pump that required an update to the previous version...
I have noticed a difference in the Bosch 0-392-02-010 connector View attachment 13226 and the LR branded PEB500010 View attachment 13227which is the LR version of the Bosch. @Fuji4 - was your new pump oval and old pump square-ish? If so LR may have fixed the compatibility issues with the previous style pump upgrade.
new pump was definitely oval. can't remember on the 002 model. it was obviously different though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72