HDC Fault, NAV Memory and Battery Lifespan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cesupro

Reaction score
Hi,
new member here... looks like I'm having similar problems, but let me elaborate to see if this is the same thing that's being discussed here.

I am getting the "HDC system fault" but am also getting
"Transmission Fault"
and
"Cruise control not available" messages...

and the DSC/ETC light on the dash is always lit no matter if I push the DSC button. Also the "BRAKE" light is always on.

Does this still seem like a battery issue?

(it's the mother-in-laws car, sorry I don't know more... I'm pretty sure it's a '05 if that makes a difference)

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am getting the "HDC system fault" but am also getting
"Transmission Fault"
and
"Cruise control not available" messages...

and the DSC/ETC light on the dash is always lit no matter if I push the DSC button. Also the "BRAKE" light is always on.

I had a transmission fault and it ended up being the ECU module in the transmission . . problem has not reoccurred. Seems the electronics are pretty sensivitive to voltage. I bought my '05 with the battery already replaced.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-LR CARY

This the answer I got.

Now, the NAV issues is when turn the key ignition, the NAV goes from "LAND ROVER" to OFF to reboot like statsis, then to LAND ROVER then to the annoying SAFETY MSG.

At the SAME time the dash screen shows "HDC FAULT - UNAVAILABLE"

I'll try and record it..

I have a lot of experience with the MidTronics testers . . . . they are NOT a load tester. They measure "starting current" to determine if the battery is good or bad. While in general terms you can cull out good and bad via this method . .. it is GREATLY dependent upon the condition of the battery.

My previous employer conducted a study (they called it a junk bin study) where they tested thousands of "defective" batteries . . . the MidTronics provided to be 80% accurate, misdiagnosing 20%.

The MidTronics is a nice device but I would not rely on the results when testing batteries. BTW I've been in the battery industry for 23 years (12 in product development).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635