HDC Not Available System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael99b

Reaction score
First, I have searched the forums but did not find anyone who tried to fix this and got it resolved. Here is my issue.

I have a 2013 LR4 with about 30k miles. Yesterday I got an error message that said "HDC Not Available System Fault". I also got "Emergency Brake Assist No Available" and "Stability Control Not Available Drive Carefully". I suspect the later two are a result of the HDC message. Yesterday was the coldest day of the season thus far at about 33 degrees F.

From reading the forums some have replaced the battery, others have replaced the brake light switch, and some have done both. However, they all seem to have the error messages reappear within a few days or weeks.

Has anyone received these same messages and actually fixed the issue?

Thanks, Mike

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did all these faults pop up at startup (most likely a weak battery) or while you were already driving?

Michael99b

Reaction score
The HDC message popped up while driving and then the others came up a few minutes afterward. Thereafter, the messages are not present when I initially start the engine, but they all pop up after a few minutes of driving.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try searching on disco3.co.uk, which probably has the most tech advice of any forum. Here are some threads that came up when I searched for "HDC not available."

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/search.php?search_keywords="HDC+not+available"&search_fields=all&search_author=&search_forum=-1&return_chars=200&search_cat=-1&sort_by=0&sort_dir=DESC&show_results=topics&search_time=0

This thread opines that it's probably a wheel-speed sensor or maybe a weak battery:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic144016.html?highlight=HDC+available

(For problems like these, the LR3 and LR4 probably share the same troubleshooting).

Last edited:

Michael99b

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I'm bringing it to the dealer tomorrow as I am still under warranty. I just like to know before I go in there what the issues may be so I can talk knowledgeably about it and make sure they are fixing the correct things. I'll report back regarding the results.

Michael99b

Reaction score
Alignment was way off. One pressure monitor sensor was dangling. Likely hit a *** hole and through things out of whack. Alignment done, pressure monitor replaced. Error messages are off. If the messages come back I will update the post.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72