Head gaskets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm getting the wrong impression here, but I am getting the sense that you are a little too willing to throw in a lot of labor and expensive parts before diagnosing if it's something as big as a head gasket job that is needed. And if you find that it is, there is no guarantee that a new gasket will fix the problem if the surfaces are warped.

You appear to be very comfortable doing advanced vehicle repair, but I'd still be more cautious about spending time and/or money without first having a complete understanding the issue.

Best of luck and keep us informed!

Geoff Owens

Reaction score
Well I’ve spent 1 day on this vehicle. I’m fishing for the most information I can get. I understand I have further diagnosing to do. I’m wanting to see if anyone has seen wiring issues or ECM problems. I purchased this for $2200 and it’s super clean. So putting the money in it and doing the job right should net me years of service. I appreciate everyones feedback and I promise to post my findings as I dig deeper.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Close to same spot as oil leak....drivers side close to the front side of engine....I bought an OE thermostat I plan on putting in also due to the code....
Compression test is a good next step....
Checking the wiring loom for cylinder 4 ignition coil and diagnosing the MAF are also on my top priority list. I have access to Alldata platform so I’ll follow the diagnostic procedures on those and get back to y’all. I’m gonna buy a tester to see if exhaust gas is present in the cooling system.

Definitely sounds like a leaking thermostat. Or, one of the plethora of coolant hoses in that area. I could also be a water pump gasket.

I would also check the valley underneath the intake manifold to see if you have any coolant in there. That would indicate the crossover pipe has failed.

Reference ECM and wiring. I have not seen any ECM issues, but wiring is a possibility--you never know what the last owner / shop did.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72