Headlamp LED Rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removing headlight from LR4 is extremly easy. I can pull both headlights in less then a minute. Seriously... read the owners manual on how to replace headlight bulbs. Pull the grill. Pull the quick release tabs and pull the headlight away and disconnect cables. Done. No bolts to turn, no screws remove.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soooo, can you do it and tell you what you find about the lights working?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go, examples of what the LED string lights look like inside the lamp. So who's going to see if they have them............

Without:

With:

holygrail

Reaction score
You can buy Xenons without the LUX package

Believe the led suround feature on the LR4 headlamps is only a Lux or Lux Plus feature. Absurd if you ask me since it's the new face of the LR4, every trim level should have them.

I just placed my order on the 2011 LR4 HSE. For the 2011 LR4, they got rid of the HSE PLUS and HSE PLUS LUX models. Now it's just HSE and HSE LUX. Based on the option list, they separated everything. The options actually come out more when purchased individually. However, I found this out through the Military Sales Program overseas. Since I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan, I had to go throught the Germany Land Rover Dealership, and they had better intel than the folks here in the U.S. Long story short, the Military Sales automatically discounts 10% off the base price ($43k range). I called the U.S. dealer long distance and told him that if he can come close to this price, we have a deal. So he did.

I placed an order on the 2011 LR4 HSE PLUS w/ 7-Seat Comfort pkg and the Visual Assist pkg.
My dealer doesn't know that they are getting rid of the Plus pkg so I took advantage of the situation and still got the package deal. What I've done differently is I had the U.S. dealer add the Xenons and the Surround Camera system without getting the LUX package. That's what this Visual Assist package is about. Bottom line, I ordered a HSE and it comes with the LEDs as long as you get the Xenon headlight option. The dealer here in Northern VA included Xenons on ALL the Land Rovers...so I didn't really have to order separately.

V/r,
Chris

Zoio

Reaction score
Headlight Without Led

Hello, I bought a LR4 (Discovery 4 S) in Brazil and in this model the set of headlights not
have the LED lamps, cables and module. My question, it is possible to buy only these items and install the set of headlights? Where can I buy these items in the U.S. and will probably spend much?
Here you go, examples of what the LED string lights look like inside the lamp. So who's going to see if they have them............

Without:

With:

Zoio

Reaction score
Headlight Without Led

Hello, I bought a LR4 (Discovery 4 S) in Brazil and in this model the set of headlights not
have the LED lamps, cables and module. My question, it is possible to buy only these items and install the set of headlights? Where can I buy these items in the U.S. and will probably spend much?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been taking my housing in and out now, the process is easy like you've said. the painful part is to change the side marker where i installed a led wedge as you have to remove 4 screws on each housing. i took a good look to explore the possibilities of installing your own led ring but it can not be done without opening the actual housing, which means you'd have to pry it open and then later on reseal it and risk cracking the housing all the while. i've asked the dealer if they sell the bixenon housings but they said they do not "rewire" cars. i assume they mean installing the auto aim switch along the housing.

at this point i'll just wait for the bixenon housings to pop up on ebay and settle for the hids i've installed for low beams and fogs for now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM