Headlamp LED Rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All ... I just took delivery of a 2010 LR4 w/ HSE Plus package. My question is how do the LED accent rings turn on? I don't see them turn on with Low Beams. Are these only part of the LUX package??

Thanks!

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe the led suround feature on the LR4 headlamps is only a Lux or Lux Plus feature. Absurd if you ask me since it's the new face of the LR4, every trim level should have them.

LR4Dave

Reaction score
I have an LR4 HSE PLus and was also disappointed to find the LED "face" only functions on LUX and LUX plus. I haven't checked to see if the LEDs are actually there, but just not wired or enabled in the software. Maybe the dealer can enable it in the future??

This should be std on all LR4s as it is their "new face".

Dave.

fordavea

Reaction score
Info I have for 2011s is that "Halogen headlamps on HSE Package now include Signature LED lighting"

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010....I had no clue those did not work...are they able to work at all?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read on another forum that in lower spec LR4's the led's aren't even in the headlight. I'd be shocked if the USA versions lacked the led strip within the lamp. It might be as simple as changing a setting through the LR4's computer. This would have to be done at the dealer though. If someone could take their headlap out and look if the led strip is there would solve the mystery.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a "quick" and "easy" way to enable this. I was really disapponted :frown:

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately lower spec models, US model or not will not have these LEDs in the headlight. Two separate part numbers.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 1 way to be sure and that's to take the lamp out and look inside for the led strip. If its there you might get lucky.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM