headlight fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sceh

Reaction score
This seems to be an idiotic question but..
I have a 2011 LR4 and after plugging in a cool box into the rear cigar lighter, the headlights don't work so a fuse needs changing I guess.
The workshop and user manuals make NO MENTION of which fuse is for the headlights!
I am guessing it is in the box under the dash and if and when I manage to remove the lid..
Any ideas?

thanks
PS: If it is any consolation, I have a Mercedes and their engineers also found the most awkward place for a fusebox

sceh

Reaction score
OK, no connection between the rear auxiliary/cigar lighter and the headlight issues since the auxiliary still works but I have no headlights

sceh

Reaction score
Dear, dear - which genius decided that the fuse positions under the bonnet didn't need numbering for when the paper guide drops off? Or that you had to remove the headlight unit and grill to change a bulb? The same person I suppose who decided that the fuel filter should be hidden under a cross member underneath the engine. Probably part of the same team that decided that the cylinder head bolts on the Disco2 could all be removed except one which is underneath the front crosspiece.
Mind you, I have a toyota and to change a bulb you need to remover the headlight unit but first remove the front valance and to change a belt remove and engine mount.
Don't designers, engineers and maintenance folk talk to each other??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut