Heated Front Seat: Driver's side US Left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I decided to replace the non cushy drivers seat cushion on my 2005 LR3. Everything went fine on the install as per directions on another forum, however once I began to test the heated front seat things went off the tracks.
I think I screwed up when I overdid it with the 3M77 adhesive. I sprayed adhesive, not thinking as usual onto the heat mat. I think this then, instead of allowing the mat to move when someone sat in the seat. So I essentially pulled the heat element in two or three I suppose when I sat down. At first the heated seat did work, but I felt it was not a hot as before.

So my question is: Can I disconnect the heating element for the bottom of the seat, and get back the seat back heating element? Are these two separate connections or are they all daisy chained together?
If so could I "jumper wire" the bottom and get the seat back, "back"?

IF not oh well. I will just pull the fuse, until and if I have time to switch the passenger system to the drivers. (Bottom Only that is, I know there may be an air bag in the seat back, from another post).

I am in a mild climate anyway, however when the old back is a little tight I do use the heater like a heating pad, and it is nice to have on those long trips

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99