heated steering wheel - is it supposed to be lukewarm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 LR4 gets very comfortably warm - I would say almost perfect. Temp varies noticeably from one location to another (seems warmest near the steering arms). It times out after some time, maybe ~30 minutes? (I haven't timed it).

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 gets so-so warm. This is my first car with a heated steering wheel so I have nothing to compare against. I wish it got warmer, and it would be nice to have a few levels of adjustments like the seat warmers. Comparing to the seat warmers, the steering wheel heats less than the lowest level of the seat warmer. And as someone else mentioned, the amount of heat varies on the steering wheel. I find myself constantly moving my hand around the steering wheel to find the warmest spot.

montyaloofah

Reaction score
Mine varies. Sometimes hot to the point i turn it off, other times just right. It is warmest at the bottom of the steering wheel. From 4pm to 8pm locations on the wheel. I find it is consistently warmer than our 2011 Audi A6 steering wheel. BTW, i have a 2011 LR4 HSE

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 11 is so-so as well. If its about below 45 again so-so, about 50 or warmer outside it heats up quite nicely.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 11 is so-so as well. If its about below 45 again so-so, about 50 or warmer outside it heats up quite nicely.

I agree. I also noticed that the temperature of the heated steering wheel is affected by the outside temp.

R Hermann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A heated steering wheel has become a must-have option for me now that I have some chronic joint pain in my hands. While driving our X6 I am constantly moving my hands around on the wheel to find the hot spots.
Can anyone confirm the ambient temperature feedback? If it does exist, does anyone know if there is a way, via on-board menu or dealer coding, to force the system to max heat? It really does make my hands feel SO much better.

Thanks,
Randy

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just had TSB00400NAS1 done to MY2010 for Shimmy on steering wheel which calls for replacing steering wheel,steering gear, and Bushings($3,500 in parts). First off it is like night and day and the squeak has gone away from the steering gear. Also the heated steering wheel actually feels around the same as my old steering wheel(Luke warm). Now I am starting to wonder if you might be able to set the heat thru the electronic system. Has anyone with theIIDTool find this setting?

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't turn my steering heat on unless it's well below 40F. I've been using it a lot recently because it is 0F out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM