hello im a rookie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jman

the last 3 cars ive owned have all been sport compacts but im going for an suv for my next vehicle. I didn't have a good idea which one so I browsed autotrader and now im hooked on discos. my budget will be around 6-7k, so probably a disco1? im pretty inclined with engines and mechanical stuff, will a disco1 keep me pretty busy with mechanical problems or are they pretty sturdy? what engines were offered in these? were all 4wd? all leather? whats SE7?

thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board....

6 - 7k will get you a 94 - 97 D1 without much issue and have money left for repairs if needed.

Keep you busy with issue/repairs only if the previous owner didn't take care of it.

94 and 95 came with a 3.9 and the 96 - 03 came with a 4.0

the are all AWD (there is a difference) All leather depends on model... SD's come with fabric or imitation leater... SE and SE7 leater. The 7 indicates 7 passenger i.e. two jump seats.

J

jman

after looking around i have some drivetrain questions

instead of being rwd then having 4hi and 4low its awd and has 4 settings for the center diff?

did all land rovers come this way?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure about the older series vehicles, but the newer Discos 94 and newer do... the RR's come in a slightly different set up though...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635