Help! all SIDE AIRBAGS DEPLOYED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very funny dude, have a side airbag impact the side of your face and then we will see how YOU roll over...

*********, I hate when I have to explain sarcasm. The comment was aimed at the stupidity of the question 'did you actually roll over?' as if you'd actually be ****** if the airbags went off if the vehicle HAD actually rolled over.
That said, all I can say is WOW about reading the following posts about how expensive it will be to replace 'em. Do you have to replace them???

Last edited:

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news (absolutely no sarcasm intended - just to be clear...lol). The only other case that I have heard of was in the Middle East and static buildup/discharge was the blamed issue. I believe Mike is correct in saying that the Insurance company and LR both turned their backs on the case. Very expensive. To the OP, I would cease posting until the case is settled. In fact, your opening post shows dishonest intent to hide the actual deployment conditions. It is not unheard of for Insurance Couriers AND LR both to read forums. Best of luck.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ought to disclose the conditions, and try to settle with Land Rover, threatening legal action. It seems that randomly-deploying-airbags could be dangerous. Static discharge? Really? Where the hell do Land Rover Engineers get their degrees from? Certainly not ABET-accredited universities! God save the Queen!

Rhazer

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news (absolutely no sarcasm intended - just to be clear...lol). The only other case that I have heard of was in the Middle East and static buildup/discharge was the blamed issue. I believe Mike is correct in saying that the Insurance company and LR both turned their backs on the case. Very expensive. To the OP, I would cease posting until the case is settled. In fact, your opening post shows dishonest intent to hide the actual deployment conditions. It is not unheard of for Insurance Couriers AND LR both to read forums. Best of luck.

I totally understand, but this is the way things go here to tell you the truth, it would **** me to know i have to pay that much for something so trivial ,and to inspect the conditions would take till the end of FEB max said the dealer, and then IF they agree it is their fault that is another 3 weeks for parts and fixing....
If i actually tell what happened no one would believe me...they can read the data for all i care.
well if cars SENSE they are gonna crash, that algorithm should be scrapped am sorry to say....

I am not at fault i believe, but as you said, no one wants to take the blame as usual....

ill keep you posted with any updates....

( damn the car doesnt have a dent on it)

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your truck even in warranty, if not the only help you might get would be for you to meet with the local Rover District rep at the dealership, and be prepaired to not get good news the at he first meeting.

Rhazer

Reaction score
Is your truck even in warranty, if not the only help you might get would be for you to meet with the local Rover District rep at the dealership, and be prepaired to not get good news the at he first meeting.

yes, my five year warranty ends in december of 2011....
i've bought the car with 103K km now its done 105K, and the service contract ended at the 100k mark...

but the rep mentioned that this is not covered under warranty...???

it is really weird here, they try not to know of any TSBs as much as they can ,when they need to....so if the customer doesnt complain, they don't have the time to tell him theres something usually wrong that needs changing...

NeilP

Reaction score
Bag deployment is not a warranty claim .
There was an exact example on Disco3UK a couple of years back ( LR3V8HSE)
with a dune rider in Bahrain( ? ) . I recall the insurance paid , but he had
to haggle since it was " sort of self inflicted" if you get my meaning .....
Your sideways movement was outside the system param
and you got the deployment you should get in such a movement.
If I was heading down a ditch or at a power-pole , I'd want deployment !
Dune buggies for dunes ; not quality passanger protection systems.
You live and learn ................. but you're safe , so OK !

Rhazer

Reaction score
Bag deployment is not a warranty claim .
There was an exact example on Disco3UK a couple of years back ( LR3V8HSE)
with a dune rider in Bahrain( ? ) . I recall the insurance paid , but he had
to haggle since it was " sort of self inflicted" if you get my meaning .....
Your sideways movement was outside the system param
and you got the deployment you should get in such a movement.
If I was heading down a ditch or at a power-pole , I'd want deployment !
Dune buggies for dunes ; not quality passanger protection systems.
You live and learn ................. but you're safe , so OK !
///

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a video of this "sliding down sideways" descent. Not because I don't believe you, but because I'd like to get a better visual of how this works exactly. Sounds intriguing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112