Help convincing wife in taking LR3 offroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yrbender's idea is a good one. I took my wife to the LR driving school and she's never been the same since!

Of course...by the time I met her I'd already been wheelin' the LR3. If you can't or don't want to do the Biltmore, try finding the club first and checking out their website together (if they have a website).

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeap, do a wheeling event with either the LR dealer or the local LR club. In Florida, she's partly right, it is very muddy, but remember the tagline (old) Best4x4xFar, now promoted as "Premium Offroad" (properly spoken with a British accent). My wife is an outdoor person within reason (likes car camping and day hikes), but was very dubious about taking our shiny new LR3 off roading. I solved that by letting her drive:

HungryValley-2006-25.gif

Fast forward a few years and thousands of off road miles, and now she's wheeling her own rig and doing it ********:

297405674_D9MsJ-XL.jpg

445942292_MryNh-XL.jpg

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take her to the Land Rover Experience School. I've been "off roading" as part of my job for 20 years (not to mention growing up in the mud) and the few times I took her she panicked. It was never any fun with her in the mud. Then 2 years ago we went to the School in Carmel. She learned what the LR3 could do. She learned that she could make it do it. She's been enjoying the back roads ever since.

There is a school in North Carolina at the Biltmore Estate which looks to be amazingly swank. http://origin-www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Owners/Drive_Off_Road/Driving_Schools/Biltmore Estate.htm which would allow her to see the confluence of luxury and mud. She'll never be the same.

David

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's the same. Well......at least the part about camping Ramada style and hating anything to do with riding around in a car especially off road.

IMG_2440.jpg

We did a women-only Dipped in Green training [Nathan shot the photos and was one of the excellent trainers btw].
http://photobucket.com/womenoffroad

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you everybody for the feedback...unfortunately this will have to be put on hold as it appears my marriage of only 1 year (just this month) is in shambles and she's not happy. I know couples go through this of questioning/doubting things (especially young people) and hoping they didn't make a wrong decision. But I am doing everything I can to save this and not throw it away, so I will not be pushing the LR3 issue. Besides I need to hang onto money just in case of something.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Its always something you have to work on. I know I have been to the brink a couple times, but I never saved money (so I could give her 1/2). In a divorce she will 1/2 of your cash, not one of your rock sliders ;-) Remember that no matter how expensive her tastes, it is always cheaper to keep her.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Im reviving an old thread i started...well since that post I am now divorced, single and loving life lol. Tomorrow will b my first offroad "wheels" event put on by the local dealer here! Im excited to test this machine out on the new cooper zeons. I just hope I dont slide into some tree or rip my bumper off haha.

I'll have my hd gopro video mounted and will b sure to post some video.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your going to like the Coopers - air them down, it's more fun that way. Cant wait to see some Go-pro footage! Have fun!

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't see where to delete my post, that turned out to not be relevant.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99