Help! Driver's side rock slider doesn't fit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver's side slider needs to slide about 1/8" back but it's hitting the body!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Errr.... sorry all, false alarm. It turns out that the slider was going up at a funky angle because the driveway that I was working on was not all that flat. I figured it out and managed to get them both on. That fit is amazingly precise though.

The only thing that I have to complain about is that, with the sound insulation off of the compressor I can hear it a lot more... at least I think that's what's going on. Anyway, I won't be able to hear it over the radio (which I have on almost all of the time) and I'm glad that I'm not going to lose the compressor to a rock or a stump or something.

I'll post pictures in the morning.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a while the sound of the compressor becomes reasuring that it is working. It becomes really interesting to see what causes it to come on. I started treating it like a fart--a bit annoying to the wife, but it ultimately makes you feel better.

David

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The type II Rover Specialties ones. Never fear, I got them on. I'm going to have to figure out something to do about the rattle that I'm getting from the passenger side one though. Any ideas? I've already made sure that the bolts are all torqued down the recommended amounts.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My solution when my original pair developed a rattle was to take a chunk of old tire, cut it about 4" wide and 8" long and wedge it in between the frame and slider plate. Not very fancy, but darned effective.

I just installed new Stage 1 sliders today, no rattle, but then I have not beat on them yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink