Help! Sunroof stuck open!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

So I went to close my sunroof and it closed about a third of the way and then just stopped. The buttons don't do anything now. I left the car, came back turned it on and still the buttons won't close or open and it's stuck open.

I'd just take it to the dealer normally but I'm on vacation with no local dealers so curious if anybody has any creative ideas or things to try.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the fuse first. It may have blown.

Then check the manual. My Audi had a manual fall back to close the roof if the motor/electronics failed. Otherwise, you may have to get some plastic and tape to get you to the dealer if there is a chance of rain.

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rob right after I posted this I actually did check the manual. The solution was inside believe it or not ;). It needed to be recalibrated which involved holding the button down for about30 seconds and letting it reset. Woohoo. Very happy as it's pretty stormy here at the beach ;)

Pippa the pink RR

Reaction score
I can't thank you enough

thank you so very much Vivaldi - my roof was stuck open and your explanation saved me trip to the dealer and lots of hassle. I can't thank you enough.

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4 sunroof has been stuck closed (...luckily!) for ~3 months. Fuses are fine. Finally searched the forums and found this thread. Holding the 'shut' button for ~25 seconds solved the problem. I did it with the ignition ON but engine OFF.

Thanks again to this forum and great community of users!

honeygirl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help here , mine was stuck open , no sound at all
closed the car doors , turn on ignition , put in neutral - don't know if this is needed
push button backwards - solid 40 second count , push button forward - solid 40 count ,
sunroof closed - was shocked , thanks all for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM