Help with IIDTool BT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonM1

Reaction score
Having a few issues and not sure what's normal if anyone has any info.
I've sent an email to Gap but they are closed now.
Just bought the BT version and using it on a recently purchased 06 LR3
I've updated the firmware on the tool - v3.0 and downloaded the latest app. I think I have followed all of the directions for hooking up the tool to update and I can see the tool on my iPhone 6 when it is in boot loader and plugged into the computer. I then disconnect from the tool in the app.
Then I go to my LR3 - start the engine in park - hook up the iiDTool - and all the warning lights come on and it gives a bunch of faults that were not there previously based on what my mechanic told me (is it running through the possible faults?). Nothing comes up on the Interface in the car (it gave me a transmission fault - that the cruise control was disabled - don't know if this was there before) and then I don't ever see the iidTool come up.
I open my app and search for devices and nothing ever comes up.
I don't see instructions for disconnect sequence - turn off car first or disconnect tool first or does it matter?
Afterwards my LR3 goes into full shutdown and won't turn on.
I give it a few minutes and then it will start.
I've tried it with the app on an iPhone and iPad and neither will connect.
I understand that if the cruise control buttons don't work - which I haven't tried as it's a new purchase - then the mobile app should still work.
Any insights would be helpful.
thanks

JonM1

Reaction score
In addendum
I did look at the OBD port and the connectors look okay but not sure.
And the below image is the dash lighting up - doors lock and unlock - turn signals going etc.

Attachments

• IMG_8297.JPG
    IMG_8297.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8299.JPG
    IMG_8299.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members