Help with Third Row Seatbelt Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeler

Reaction score
My puppy chewed one of the seatbelts on the driver’s side of the third row seat of my 2007 LR3 HSE. I purchased a replacement seatbelt on eBay. After a quick look, I’m not seeing how to access the bolt that goes into the floor. Also, the seatbelt retracts through a slot in the back upper trim panel and I see that trim piece indicates there is an airbag. Not sure how to remove that trim without damaging it or affecting the airbag. I searched YouTube and couldn’t find any helpful videos. Does anyone have any photos or diagrams to explain the moving parts? Or can you walk me through the steps to gain access and any special tools needed- I presume a Torx. Thanks!

Last edited:

mdiaz

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out how to do this? I need to replace a third row seatbelt, for the same reason. Darn dogs!

wheeler

Reaction score
I never received a reply and had been unable to find much explanation online. But I pushed forward and recently replaced the 3rd row seatbelt. Now I'm sorry I didn't document the procedure with photographs or video.

I had been worried about disturbing the airbag behind the upper trim. I ended up pulling the upper corner trim back- the airbag is there but remained undisturbed by this simple procedure. I ended up loosening the entire lower side trim (exposing speakers and a fan) but it wasn't absolutely necessary, I think a dexterous person could access the top seatbelt bolt pretty well without additional access. In regards to the bottom seatbelt bolt, I loosened neighboring anchor bolts and pulled back the carpeting to access the seatbelt attachment point. Everything went back together nicely and easily. Again, I acquired the replacement seatbelt on eBay. Good luck, it's not too bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM