Here’s my story it’s sad but true. About a LR3 I once knew…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaving to get the truck in 1 hour... Unless they call again...

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken possession of my brand new Land Rover LR3 HSE, Tonga Green w/ Alpaca interior - loaded -.

It had a stained rear deck carpet, a scratched and rusting roof rail, a scratched rear-center brake light cover and a cut rear seat.

I got a "We Owe" for all of that and it will be taken care of at the next visit (which can't be far off)...

Here we go...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your new vehicle is in need of repair already.... Must be the LR3 they used at an off roading event :)

F

funkeruski

That sucks. I bought an SE about a month ago. When I got it home, I noticed sand/dirt where the window goes down into the door. It was on the outside and inside. I then went under and took a look and noticed mud and grass caked onto the undercarriage. I was ******, but didn't do anything at that point. I was washing it a couple of days later and found the rear bumper cover had some gashes out of it and the right front rim has some deep scratches. I called my dealer and expressed my displeasure. I told them the car had been offroaded and they could not tell me who had done it. They guessed it was maybe someone who took it home overnight prior to purchase to see if they liked it. The fact that they claimed they didn't know how the mud/scratches got there made me even more uncomfortable. They told me to take it to my local dealer so that these issues could be fixed. I told them I wanted them to put me in a new one or I was going to file a complaint with the Texas Motor Vehicle Commission and Land Rover. They agreed to get me a new one and I picked it up last week. Not so sure I had a legal basis to force them to put me in a new one, but it worked. It think it's BS that they tried to put me in one that had been offroaded/damaged and then claimed they didn't know anything about it. Anyway, it kind of explains why the gave me 4K off MSRP in the first place. The ended up having to put me in a flawless one for the same 4k off. Next time I'll inspect a new car purchase very closely.

F

Freeflytim

Reminds me of the story of the dude on one of these boards whose truck was in the shop when he caught the dealer’s receptionist picking up her kids… in HIS truck!

Sorry off topic.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This saga needed one more ending... and it got it yesterday.

I must admit I should have known better but in my defense, this whole thing has got me a little punch drunk...

When I picked up the replacement truck I was give a bunch of paper work to sign, told they'd take care of transfering my registration and all I needed to do was get the truck inspected (I live in NJ but bought in PA). That there was a "new" way of doing this and I could use my old tag now...

So here I am at the DMV trying to get an inspection sticker... Except the dealership completely screwed up. What they did (sending me home with the tags and registration card from my old truck) left me driving the truck 100% illegally! Everything regarding the title and registration trasfer the salesman told me was 300% wrong...

Today I recieved a temp plate and registration from the dealer FedEx and a half-assed apology over the phone. At least I didn't have an accident...

When the f**k is Aston Kutcher going to jump out of the bushes???

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the story of the dude on one of these boards whose truck was in the shop when he caught the dealer’s receptionist picking up her kids… in HIS truck!
I can beat that.

Imagine seeing 2 young kids (techs) tearing ass down the street at 2X the legal limit in your 911 turbo. Been there, done that. This for a routine inspection.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99