Here’s my story it’s sad but true. About a LR3 I once knew…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

Damn, that's a story. Keep us updated.

You in MD by any chance? (going to LR Rockville?)

Just wondering what else is in this area. There is Frederick, but I wouldn't buy a vehicle from that dealership.

J

jel014

I'm really happy that the surgery went great for your mom. Sorry to hear that your new replacement still has a minor fix needed, hopefully you'll get that SUV soon. I have to agree with you though, this is by far the best SUV out there right now. I hope everything works out for you and the new LR3.

I've bought my LR3 HSE about 2-3 month ago, haven't had any major issues except for the downhill stall and my Nav blanked out a few times (restarting car seems to help it). I'm taking the car in next week for 7k mile service and was wondering how did your dealer fix the downhill stall issues or if they did at all?

I know for a fact that the gas guage is faulty, but with 3-5 gallons of gas left the car shouldn't have stalled.

Thanks for the help!

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stall isn't gas related it's a software issue (and an old one at that). Tell them what happened, they'll upgrade your version and it won't happen again... You got an easy one!!!

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They say the part will be in Monday or Tuesday. Then their glass guy comes and I can Have the truck... We'll see...

I'm thinking of taking their loaner off-road. :)

C

Colt45

I hope everything works out well with you LR3 - - as a 'veteran' of having my new vehicle in the shop for over 30 days, I can relate. - - - For what its worth to anyone else out there that runs into a similiar situation, (no matter what the make/model of vehicle), - - here's how I handled the situation, for what its worth - - - - 1. > check out your states Lemon Law. Know what qualifies as a 'lemon' and the time factors involved. 2. > keep good records of when your vehicle is in the shop and what was done 3. > Determine if your service advisor and shop technicians seem to be doing their jobs. If they are, - - cut 'em a break. Its not their fault that the vehicle is operating wrong, - its a problem with the factory. Besides, its good to have allies working for you. It may be to the point that the technicians have carried out all the recommended troubleshooting/service procedures and are now consulting with Land Rover Tech Support.
4. - But don't be a push over. If someone isn't doing their job and its a serious matter - let them know about it. And if you get those customer feedback surveys from Land Rover, independent marketing companies, JD Power - - - let them know of your experiences. Dealers hate to get negative feedback. 5. - Work out your overall long term plan. In my case, I was about to head out of town at the 30 day shop time point. I knew that if my vehicle wasn't ready before I left that I would go on my trip for 2 weeks - - - if it still wasn't ready at the 6 week mark, I would begin the procedures under the Lemon Law for getting another vehicle. Until that time, there was nothing for me to do - - - or fret about. (Now, if there is a Serious issue with my vehicle involving substantial shop time, I will trigger Lemon Law proceedings.) 6. - Identify a good attorney. - I didn't need to use his services yet, but I have an attorney expert in auto Lemon Law proceedings if needed. I won't leave resolution of this up to my state's AG office or Land Rover. I may not need him, but he's ready to go if I do. 7. - - Try to Relax. - - Remember people are human beings and make mistakes. Remember that No One cares more about your vehicle than you do. Try to put it all in perspective - for a month I was driving a Disco2 loaner. Not my preferred ride, but not the end of the world. - - - And finally, remember the decision process when you bought the vehicle. If like me, you knew of LR's past quality issues (and they have now vastly improved from the past). You knew that you were buying a vehicle with a lot of electronics that could go wrong. You knew that this was the first year production of a new model. You coulda bought the old design, reliable but boring SUV, but you wanted the excitement of the LR3. - - - And since I got my LR3 back from the shop (and just returned from driving it on a trip to Montana) - - I'm a very enthusiastic LR3 owner despite the shop time. Good luck - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The glass has arrived. Install scheduled for Friday... pick up Saturday morning... I've scheduled my first mechanical problem for Tuesday afternoon. ;)

I hope we get a Red loaner next time. That and Gold are the only colors I haven't driven...

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rhcaspian

Nice story, you either love LR's or you don't. I am sat at my desk in Russia where I live and work. My nearest dealer is in Istanbul Turkey some 2500 kms or a 4 day all day drive away, I know I drove there and back to fix a suspension fault - software so they tell me.

The car drives a treat on these roads you know the difference between air and steel sprung suspension. As for mileage 10 mpg is about right got about 14 on the Istanbul run. Not bad but consider that Turkish gas is $7 / gallon and the round journey was 5000 kms or 3000 miles plus at 14 to the gallon you can work out how much it cost to drive there and back!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm and I keep wondering why I have a 1997 Disco and just love mine....

sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope all is well with the new one.

F

Freeflytim

oh, the poster child for reliability!! You just have all your bugs worked out!!

joey said:
hmmm and I keep wondering why I have a 1997 Disco and just love mine....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99